Gunhub.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres one That I need help with.
I was in my Grandfathers basement and he was showing me his mauser model 98. It has some issues from being in the basement for too long. the bolt is seized up and wont move. Also it has a round chambered. Any suggestions on how to free it up? I would really like to get it working again.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
craxma68 said:
Heres one That I need help with.
I was in my Grandfathers basement and he was showing me his mauser model 98. It has some issues from being in the basement for too long. the bolt is seized up and wont move. Also it has a round chambered. Any suggestions on how to free it up? I would really like to get it working again.
what position is the wing safety on the bolt in- far left is ready to fire, middle allows the bolt to open and close without the firing pin active, and far right locks the bolt down , but it can't fire- other than that, think i'd take it to a smith- maybe a littil oil to see if you can't get the safety to move- once you get the safety to move, then you can move the bolt, and you're home free- anyting more,i'd be smith bound- chances of a a/d are too high

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
t-star said:
chances of a a/d are too high
thats what I was worried about. last thing I need is a Round bouncing around the neighborhood. Guess it is going to the smith this weekend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts