Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello im new to the group.

My father gave me his old Mauser Rifle .30-06 Model 08/34.30 Bolt Action Rifle.

When i got the rifle, the bolt was already removed from out from the slide, when i tried to reinstall the bolt it would not go back in because the safty ad been released. how do i get the safty cocked back into place? so i can at least fire a few rounds with it.

please help

thank youns

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Hello im new to the group.

My father gave me his old Mauser Rifle .30-06 Model 08/34.30 Bolt Action Rifle.

When i got the rifle, the bolt was already removed from out from the slide, when i tried to reinstall the bolt it would not go back in because the safty ad been released. how do i get the safty cocked back into place? so i can at least fire a few rounds with it.

please help

thank youns
Get thee to a qualified gunsmith.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
turn the bolt upside down and push back on the last little bit with a screwdriver- then put the safety on- that's how u do it on the 98- you can take the cocking piece right off- google it first as my henglish is not too good-- and watch out as the screwdriver is liable to slip= trust me, I know what i'm doing, but doing surgery over the internet is NOT my specialty

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i tried the screw driver and that didn't go to well.. i then just twisted the back of the bolt and it twisted back in place..

the rifle was abused before my father got it.. now im tasked to clean and slightly restore it...

thank youns for your help and feed back..

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
jayjay08,

As Walt Graham said, "Get thee to a gunsmith".
= It sounds like to me that you may have a more complicated problem than you know about.
(SOME "Bubba-ed" guns are DANGEROUS to fire. - Yours needs checking out & a repair, IMO.)

WELCOME to the WWW's BEST gun forum, too.

yours, sw

1 - 5 of 5 Posts