Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else interested in nature photography who's using a Minolta Maxxum? I do. Have both a 700si and a Maxxum 7 body that I use. Just ordered one of the new Tamron 28-200 zoom lens as well. Curious to see how well it performs.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have an ancient Nikon with a Tokina 28-200 on it. It has worked quite well for me, although there are times when I need a longer lens. But, it covers 99% of my "stuff".

I'm more of a color freak (desert-area "lightshows"). ASA 400 color print film has worked well for me, about a half a notch under-exposed as shown by the light meter.

Art

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, Art

Welcome aboard! I remember many of your posts from TFL. Also, wanted to note that I've been in your neck of the woods. A few years ago a friend and I took a camper trip to Big Bend NP. Spectacular country! I remember stopping at the Study Butte Mall and Lahitas (sp?) where we saw Clay Henry, the beer-drinking goat. :shock:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Spelled Lajitas; pronounced La Hee Tus. Sometimes referred to by locals as LaHideous, or called Houston-West. :)

Yeah, the Chisos Mountains in the Park provide some great colors. Sunrises, moonrises...The evening "Lightshow", particularly in winter, is plumb frabjous.

Art

·
Registered
7 Posts
Most of what I do is done with a Canon D30 and four lenses. 28mm, 50mm, 100mm macro and 200mm. 100 macro gets by far the most use outdoors.

When trying to crawl towards a small critter whout disturbing it (and using ground to support the camera steadily), last thing I want is having a Fobus holster slip around the waist to the front. Ops. Had to upgrade holsters.

PS: My Nikon F2, 85/1.8, Canon D30, Canon EOS1, Canon EOS Elan and 100mm macro are for sale to pay for a D60 and a 100 macro USM. Email or PM if interested.

·
Site Founder
4,081 Posts
If you can get one pissed off enough it will get into a defensive stance that would make for an excellent photo. The one I used to have years ago would get pretty bent out of shape if you gently came at him with a small twig.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts