Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
I think Daley is just plain sick. Good thing he's mayor -- if any of us ordinary people had done that, it'd be off to GrayBar Hotel on an assault with a deadly weapon charge.
But, as Mel Brooks quipped in History of the World Part One, "it's good to be the king!" :roll:

·
Registered
840 Posts
People occasionally want a definition of "brandishing."
I think that Mayor Daley has just provided us with one.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
What's scary is that's the environment Pres. Obama came up in. :ehsmile:

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
As I said before the election:
If the change you want is Chicago politics nation-wide, vote for Obama!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TommyGunn said:
I think Daley is just plain sick. Good thing he's mayor -- if any of us ordinary people had done that, it'd be off to GrayBar Hotel on an assault with a deadly weapon charge.
But, as Mel Brooks quipped in History of the World Part One, "it's good to be the king!" :roll:
Tommy, I swear every time I see The Anointed One on TV, I expect him to lear into the camera and say just that! (I'm a big Mel Brooks fan, too!) :lol:

·
Registered
98 Posts
But even supporters of tough gun regulations-myself included-have to admit that it's not clear how much they reduce violence. Despite having some of the most restrictive laws in the country, Chicago is a national leader in shootings and murders
Since the gun ban was enacted in Chicago, violent crime has dramatically increased. American Rifleman "Standing Guard" (Wayne LaPierre), June. 2010, p.12, and "President's Column" (Ronald L. Schmeits, President), p. 14.

"Brandishing" is context dependent. On a range, or in a gun shop, it's not "brandishing" -- unless of course the "context" is that you're INTENTIONALLY threatening or confronting. Daly is intentionally confronting, and it might meet the statutory intent of "brandishing," except that his counsel will argue "He's a trusted public official in the middle of a press conference and using hyperbole to make his point. No one is seriously being threatened."

OK, for the record -- I'm threatened by the knowledge that this man is Mayor. :shocked:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts