Gunhub.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have discussed here on BR, of official military grey-green finishes. Here is a photo of a Underwood .U. type 2 bolt, that has this finish. Please save to your files for future reference. Note how even and professionally applied this finish is. :wink: This bolt is currently for sale on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 86404&rd=1

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
qualityrockola..This photo is to show what a grey-green finish looks like. I don't believe I indicated that it was an original factory finish! :roll: Also...I don't believe anyone also said...ALL factory bolts were blued, almost intirely :roll:

·
Registered
632 Posts
haha okay i gotcha. :D but if i ever need to know what a grey-green bolt looks like, i can just look at mine since it has been reparked too unfortunately. :-? :roll:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:D your bolt could be actual factory! They were, as we pointed out previously...blued, grey parked, and grey-green parked. The arsenals used many of the wartime military finishes, which were authorized, by military specifications. I might be wrong, as far as the dates, but I believe some of the parkerizing formulas, from WW-11... were used up to and into the 1960's, until the carbine became obsolete. :wink:

·
Registered
632 Posts
hmm interesting.... when i bought my carbine it was very obvious that the receiver and bolt were reparked. there was zero wear on both of them while many other parts did have some wear. its kind of evened out now and its good to know that it is pretty accurate in its finish.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you post a photo of it? I would very much like, to see what you have there on this carbine! :D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This post is NOT for Marine1, but for someone with GOOD eyes! :lol: :lol: Is there a chunk out of the back of that bolt, or am I hallucarbinating? How about that price? Is this what you guys are going to pay me for my bolts? Speaking of the 21 bolts coming to me the good news is they are here! The bad news is the PO didn't call me, and I didn't pick up the notice until this afternoon. Now I have to wait until Monday to see them, darn it! :evil:

·
Registered
632 Posts
wow i hadnt looked at the price. that is just ridiculous. you could buy a couple mosin nagants for that price. are underwood bolts that hard to find?

it doesnt appear to have any chunks taken out of it. maybe it has a little wear on the back, but its probably alright.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay Marine1, enough jokes about your eyes. Doesn't the round end of that bolt look like there is undo wear, or a chunk missing from it?

·
Registered
555 Posts
I want to know who the hell pays $177 for a flat Underwood bolt? That is way too much in my books.

Of course, the buyer has zero in the feedback department so it could be a setup like the one that stung Marine1 and myself.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wayneCP01 said:
Okay Marine1, enough jokes about your eyes. Doesn't the round end of that bolt look like there is undo wear, or a chunk missing from it?
Wayne, I can't really tell if there is a piece missing or not, without a photo of it....... head on. It may just be the camera-photo angle? It does appear to have a short ridge? BTW guys... I just posted this bolt for the grey-green finish identification, not to boost any sales! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts