I especially like the last pic and the bandana she's wearing. :D

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Great looking gal!

Fred said:
I especially like the last pic and the bandana she's wearing. :D
The folks at Petco often give her scarves when we bring her in to get groomed. She is quite a sweetheart.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Atleast she's not spoiled.

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jar said:
At least she's not spoiled.
Heh, heh... Yeah, folks say that she has trained me more than I've trained her. However, there are a few times when she starts to push her limits and puts on her herding 'game face', giving me "The Eye". It is typically when she wants to play outside, but the weather is too hot, too cold, or too wet. She generally changes her mind after she gets outside, or sees that it is raining. But then she wants to go back out soon afterwards. After awhile, she gets the point that I won't fall for it twice. Then she will give a "hrrmph" and drop down to the floor with a thump.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
She's a Beaute!

Daniel,

She's a beaute! But I've never seen a Border collie that color before is that common?

Ed

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: She's a Beaute!

SpecialEd said:
She's a beaute! But I've never seen a Border collie that color before is that common?
Thank you, Ed. It is my understanding that the blonde and white coloration is the result of a recessive gene. It also results in the liver-colored nose ('Dudley Nose') seen in some of her other photos. However, I have heard that this color is more common in Finland, but they may breed for it there.

Supposedly, the same recessive gene trait can be found in some Golden Retrievers and Labrador Retrievers, giving a lighter blonde/yellow color than usual and the same liver nose mentioned earlier.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
We like dogs - the pack gets pretty noisy at feeding time. Here's 2 of 7 -- Sabena \ Aussie-English mix.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Doggie pics

Walt,

That's a serious looking pup. Must be the eyes.. :lol:

I have to say though that I love the pic you posted of the Pug. Those eyes and that attitude! :twisted:

I got my wife a digital camera a week ago (money would have been much better spent on a trigger job for my HP clone but oh well) So I hope to have a pic or two of our two dogs to post soon.

We lost one to uncontrolable seizures at the begining of the summer but after a little while we rescued a 10 month old stray that was litteraly on the chopping block at a local SPCA that moves them through like a factory.

It's hard when you lose them.

Cheers,

Ed

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Yep, Beanie's pretty serious - mostly when it comes to chow :D
She's diabetic and mostly blind, but still gets around ok. My pack consists of 2 Pugs, a Pom, Beanie and 3 attack weiner dogs. There are also a number of cats. The kids move out, acquire animals, move back in, then move out again - leaving the critters. It's never dull here in lovely Keezletown.

·
Registered
75 Posts
:D Here's a couple of pictures of one of my shadows when she was young. I'm going to have to finish reading the instruction booklet that came with my new digital camera; then I'll be able to post some new pictures of her all grown up along with her little Dachshund pal.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-6/742001/*.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-6/742001/*.jpg

and here's a picture of her mother,

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-6/742001/*.JPG

I've owned this breed for more than 30 years; and, probably, owe my life to, at least, one of them.

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Shannon's First Photo

My sister had been hiding this one from me. It is probably the earliest photo we have of Shannon. Ignore the date; she was not even adopted until 1999. Yesterday (July 4th) was the anniversery of her adoption and her unofficial birthday.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts