Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting suggestions from folks on this board and some others, I read all the Bob Lee and Earl Swager novels by Stephen Hunter. I just read The Spanish Gambit. It was pretty good but not on par with the Swager books. I have Master Sniper and Second Salidin on order.

I also have Gates of Fire on order (from the library) but I'm not sure it it's going to come through or not. I think it may have been lost in the system. That's what happened to the last Andy McNab book I requested.

Has anyone else read any of the "Doc Ford" mystery series by Randy Wayne White? They are very good. I recently discovered them and have read all nine or so waiting for the next one to come out.

I still have to find Shibumi on Walt's recommendation.

Cheers,

Ed

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Hey - if you can't locate Shibumi, let me know - I've got an extra (albeit somewhat dog-eared) copy. Just got Black Light for my foray into jury duty tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Well - got booted from the jury after 5 hrs of bench sitting. Reckon the alleged crack peddler's barrister didn't consider me a good prospect. On the other hand, I read a lot of Black Light. Hunter is a finestkind writer.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Walt!

WaltGraham said:
Hey - if you can't locate Shibumi, let me know - I've got an extra (albeit somewhat dog-eared) copy. Just got Black Light for my foray into jury duty tomorrow.
Finished up Shibumi last night. A little dated but very interesting concept. (a bit heavy on the "ugly American" stereotype but I guess we deserved it) I loved the Basqe poet La Cagot. His constant referrences to "By the ????? balls of ?????" kept making me think of Dean and his posts.

Thanks for the tip,

Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts