Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Note the construction of the headline…

Officer accidentally shot with own gun

…police consider the shooting to be an accident, but said it would remain under administrative review.

…Gonzalez and Jorge Navarro, Jr., 48, were working on a welding project when Gonzalez showed Navarro his department-issued Glock 9 mm handgun.

While examining the gun, Navarro allegedly pulled the slide back when it accidentally discharged.
See source story for brand of pistol…

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
It's amazing it could go off with the slide being pulled back! :oops:

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Is anyone else botherd by the fact that a 14 yr MOS and SWAT member would hand a loaded gun to someone to inspect?

·
Registered
356 Posts
I really enjoyed the addition of "and hit a can of carburetor cleaner, which exploded and spilled corrosive fluid on both men."

Now that simply made the story ring out like a crystal bell. ;)

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I had surmised that the intense electro-magnetic field generated by the arc welder potentiated the event. And then I realized that that would have only been possible if the pistol had some ferrous components...

·
Registered
973 Posts
SpecialEd said:
Is anyone else botherd by the fact that a 14 yr MOS and SWAT member would hand a loaded gun to someone to inspect?
Sadly, not the first time it's happened:

A Monterey County sheriff's deputy is in trouble with the law, accused of giving his gun to a convicted felon who then allegedly pointed it at people in a packed bar....He has been charged with aiding and abetting a convicted felon.

http://www.theksbwchannel.com/news/3741257/detail.html

·
Super Moderator
13,178 Posts
Ain't it great that "trained law enforcement professionals" can be trusted with handguns, "assault weapons," and the right to carry, and the rest of us in the hoi polloi can't? :shock:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts