Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Built This AK-47. It's Legal and Totally Untraceable. | Mother Jones

<http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/05/ak-47-semi-automatic-rifle-building-party>

Yes, a notorious hard left publication. I did add a comment:

This stuff has been doable since there were guns. Guns are made of metal as well as some other materials for things like stocks and grips (Though metal stocks can be used too.) A person with reasonable sheet metal training can make a couple Sub-Machine Guns I can think of in their garage, without even buying a partly made receiver.

No gun law will ban the technology or knowledge to make guns, any more than banning cocaine has stopped people knowing how to grow coca and process it or banning marijuana has stopped people from having the knowledge to grow it. Gun laws will inconvenience people, and will stop the law abiding from getting guns, but anyone who really wants them and is willing to break the law, well that genie is impossible to put back in the bottle 100 percent. This is why private gun ownership exists because the reality is armed good citizens are a deterrent to the bad ones. "Only criminals would have guns" is not just a bumper sticker, it is the reality.

Even in besieged 1942 Leningrad, the locals made Submachine guns and other weapons to fight the German army surrounding the city. An entire new type of Submachine Gun was made just for that and later adopted by the Soviet Army as a whole.

Machining knowledge and engineering will always be out there. One does not have to like that all the time, and it can be used for building guns as well as making farm tractors, but that is the reality.

They can't uninvent metalworking..... I figured it was worth posting as it may indicate other publications and media might take a similar tack down the road. We'll see on that front.

David

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Thing about 'untraceable' guns is that once they are used and brought to The Law's attention, they have to be accounted for and even if you keep it, a record is created.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
To ALL,

Wishing that I could find another "build party" within reasonable driving distance of San Antonio to build another "AK-mongrel" to replace the one that I built out of "junk" from other builder's kits. - I spent the day bending "flats", refinishing "furniture" & removing barrels from "cut-up receivers", while other people did other tasks for the whole party.
(Think: assembly line.)

Everyone ended up with a NICE rifle, shotgun or pistol at day's end. - A GOOD TIME was had by all.

Fwiw, my "Junker" shot WELL to have had Egyptian, Rumanian, Israeli, Polish, Russian & other parts & looked "pretty fair" (PURTY STOCK scavenged from a parts kit that ended up being a short-barreled pistol.). -Pity that it was stolen in the burglary!!

BTW, if anyone is "converting" a SAIGA, I'd like to have the "furniture" for another "mongrel". - AK stocks are WAY too short for my arms.

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I Built This AK-47. It's Legal and Totally Untraceable. | Mother Jones

<http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/05/ak-47-semi-automatic-rifle-building-party>

Yes, a notorious hard left publication. I did add a comment:

This stuff has been doable since there were guns. Guns are made of metal as well as some other materials for things like stocks and grips (Though metal stocks can be used too.) A person with reasonable sheet metal training can make a couple Sub-Machine Guns I can think of in their garage, without even buying a partly made receiver.

No gun law will ban the technology or knowledge to make guns, any more than banning cocaine has stopped people knowing how to grow coca and process it or banning marijuana has stopped people from having the knowledge to grow it. Gun laws will inconvenience people, and will stop the law abiding from getting guns, but anyone who really wants them and is willing to break the law, well that genie is impossible to put back in the bottle 100 percent. This is why private gun ownership exists because the reality is armed good citizens are a deterrent to the bad ones. "Only criminals would have guns" is not just a bumper sticker, it is the reality.

Even in besieged 1942 Leningrad, the locals made Submachine guns and other weapons to fight the German army surrounding the city. An entire new type of Submachine Gun was made just for that and later adopted by the Soviet Army as a whole.

Machining knowledge and engineering will always be out there. One does not have to like that all the time, and it can be used for building guns as well as making farm tractors, but that is the reality.

They can't uninvent metalworking..... I figured it was worth posting as it may indicate other publications and media might take a similar tack down the road. We'll see on that front.

David
Not being very handy myself, I am in awe of guys that can build an engine, a house, pave a road...I know a couple of guys who can do it all. I have no doubt that if they put their mind to it they could make a gun that would go bang.

Hell, didn't what passed for gang members way back make .22 zip guns out of car antennas?

Nowadays we have high school drop outs who couldn't cook a pizza cooking meth. If there is a will...

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
remember, the sten isn't called the "plumbers dream/nightmare for nothing-if some back woods thai can build one out of rebar- u can 2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts