Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
That's great Terry. Like Charlie said how are you doing these days?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congratulations Terry...

We haven't heard anything in awhile, but how goes the recovery?
Thanks for asking, guys, I'm doing real well. Walking a little more each day. Still spend time in a chair, need to use one for long jaunts, but much better in both strength and stamina. My walking isn't pretty...brace on the left foot (it's still dead from the crushed sciatic nerve) and the right ankle is fused, so I walk like a short, fat Herman Munster, but hey. :)

I've been back to work since last January. That's really done wonders for me. The last month has been busy for us...4 bank robberies between Jan 14 and Feb 13th. Serial bank robber. Got him on the 13th, and made him for all four. Me and my little 4 man unit are exhausted. LOTS of long days.

Got me an exercise bike for the house, so I can do a little more work on strength. I ain't ever gonna go for long walks in the woods, but my son-in-law does have a four wheeler. ;)

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Charlie, the only way I'll miss it is if I'm dead.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's a virtual certainty, Tim. Besides, I never got to shoot Charlie's Dragon Gun last time...and I promised myself I would before I croaked, so I'm kinda locked in. :p

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Charlie -1?
Yeah, that was my question, too. But then again, I love surprises!

Oh, and that little woman of mine has kept me around for 36 years now...I know when I've got it good. I do my level best not to piss her off. :D

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
IrishCop,

On behalf of my lady (who is reading over my shoulder) and I, congratulations on 36 years together.

Sincerely, "duckie" & sw

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
IrishCop,

On behalf of my lady (who is reading over my shoulder) and I, congratulations on 36 years together.

Sincerely, "duckie" & sw
Many thanks to you and your "Duckie" SW!

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Congrats on your Lady keeping you so long and treating you so well!
Did she have the SP engraved?

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
If that doesn't get you an invite to the Governor's BBQ, nothing will!
Geoff
Who generally doesn't like engraved weapons, but...that's NICE!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Congrats on your Lady keeping you so long and treating you so well!
Did she have the SP engraved?
Thanks, Pete. No, it's not hand engraved...that's WAY out of my budget. Talo Distributors made a couple thousand of these in 2011, I think. It's machine engraving, but pretty nicely done.

If you go to Ruger's website and click on "Distributor's Models", you can get the low down on it.

The whole story is our anniversary is on February 20th, and my birthday is February 14th. I got her a pair of diamond ear rings for a combo Valentines Day/Anniversary present. She didn't get me anything, and I told her not to. I'm pretty good at buying myself presents when the urge hits. ;)

Anyway, I stopped in at my favorite local gun shop last Friday and they had this in the case. I e-mailed her a picture of it, and she insisted I buy it. I tried to resist...REALLY I did! :rolleyes: But she just kept twisting my arm. I know when I'm licked. ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts