Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend bought me a nice m14 stock for christmas. Thought I would share some pics for everyones drooling pleasure. My Polytech will be doing the modeling today. Hope everyone enjoys them.

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
Nice, but you need to "fix" that bayonet for the full effect ! :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She got the stock from fred's. She said it took a few phone calls to get one that nice, but i am definately happy with how it looks. To make it even better, it was a complete suprise when i got it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Very nice! I just ordered myself a Christmas present from Fred's and hope to see it next week. I hope that it's half as nice as yours! You're a lucky guy to have a GF who knows what you "need"!

Rome

·
Registered
14 Posts
Light Storm thats a great looking stock man...You are so fortunate to have a woman that is into what you like...It sure makes life pleasant..I know because when I was first dating my wife ( back in 83') she threw me a surprise 27th birthday party, complete with a stripper dressed like Elvira, ( could have been dressed like Miss Piggy as long as she took her clothes off) all my friends, and presented me with a brand new Uzi...right then and there I knew she was a keeper...We go shooting together all the time...I got her a mini-14 with a scope...She is so into it, and she never gives me crap about buying something new whether it is a new gun or accessories...Hell, she even thinks that the wooden crates that the Aussie ammo comes in are cool looking...So count your lucky stars because a lot of guys would almost give their left testicle to have a lady like yours...Happy New Year :cheerschug:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Beautiful looking stock. Do you know which grade of Freds it is?? "As New", "Excellent Plus", etc., etc.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. :D She realy is a great girl. Our second date was the rifle range. I knew she was a keeper when she outshot me. She does not like shooting my m14/s to much, she thinks it is to heavy and kicks to hard, but she loves my AR, my ruger 77, and my XD-9. She has even been thinking about buying an AK. I realy am lucky to have such a wonderfull girl in my life. She is a wonderfull girl, and her liking to shoot is just a bonus. She wont tell me how much she paid for the stock, but I think the stock is an excelent plus. She said it was the second highest grade fred has, but she had to order by phone to get one with stripes. If you are looking for one like mine, your best bet would probably be to call fred's up and ask for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
To answer some questions

HI
This is Light Storms GF. To answer some questions, yes I have a sister, but she to my knowledge is not interested in guns and is not of dating age, unless you happen to be in middle school. I ordered the stock shown above from Freds M-14 web site. The stock shown is a Birch "AS NEW" condition which are under $150. They do have some that are "EXCELLENT" and are around the $250 range. I did make a few calls to them to make sure they knew that I wanted one that had 75% or more tiger stripeing on the stock. They were a little slow about getting the stock to me, but it was well worth the wait. Not knowing a lot about the different woods, I found out that Birch is "showier" than the walnut, so thats what I ordered. I hope I have answered some questions, and YES I have been thinking about getting an AK and also 2 mac 10's to have you know......just for fun. :wink: :wink:

GF

·
Registered
250 Posts
Wow! What a great girlfriend! It's simply wonderful that you'd make the effort to find something for your boyfriend that would make him so happy and go through the trouble of educating yourself to know what to order from Fred's.

You deserve something really special and I hope that "Light Storm" has the phone number of the local custom jewelry shop in his wallet!

Good for you. Glad you jumped in with both feet. You'll find that we are all not "nuts" but just enthusiastic collectors and shooters who enjoy the art of the rifle.

Rome

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thanks for the info as to which "Grade" of stock you got from Freds Folkanator.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rome

Thank You for the complement. I agree that he should have the phone number of a jewlery store in his wallet, thats a great idea!!!! (Don't worry, your not getting him in trouble, we've been talking about the ring for some time now). Maybe if I get an engagement ring, I might just have to suprise him with an engagement gun.

Dog Cop your welcome.

THE GF

1 - 14 of 14 Posts