Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Get your mind out of the gutter, Walt! ;)

Anyway, here's my Walther in it's case with new tulipwood grip panels.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Me like.

Every time I see a Walther, the Bond theme plays in my head...

·
Super Moderator
13,172 Posts
Very nice, very classy. ;):mrgreen:

My PP came with wood (walnut) grips and I don't think I've ever had anything else on it. My PPK originally came with a homemade 1-piece walnut grip that I never cared for. I kept my eyes open for years (decades) and finally scored a set of Walther white plastic ones, and then finally the Walther brown plastic (tortoise-shell-ish) ones I really wanted. Might have gotten a set of Walther black plastics in there too, maybe--I'd have to look through my stuff. But I'm sure about the white and brown plastic ones.

Come to think of it, I might have a set of black plastic Walthers for the PP, too--would have to go looking for them. :???::???::???:

(Oh, like everybody here doesn't have at least one big cardboard box full of random grips and holsters.) :roll:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Very nice, very classy. ;):mrgreen:
(Oh, like everybody here doesn't have at least one big cardboard box full of random grips and holsters.) :roll:
Trust me, I'm not that well organized...
Geoff
Who needs to finish cleaning and organizing the gun room...any day now.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I do like the wood. And I am actually becoming quite fond of the little beast. That double action first shot is not an "un-learnable" trigger. For me the trick seems to be a strong, complete pull to release...no staging or other tricks. Leaves me with a clean sight picture at sear break every time.

Yeah, Charlie...not ivory, or even fake ivory. Maybe I could find a nice set of bone grips at a decent price. Don't think I'll ever pop for a gold bead front sight though. Some things Deb DOES ask questions about. ;)

Snake, I do have a box of holsters, but my collection of grips is spread out over about five drawers in two different cabinets.

Say...wasn't that a PPK Mandy used on Justified last night. :D

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I believe it was Terry, that's a really nice looking Walther you have there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That is a super sweet Walther! I don't own any Walther's yet but they are on my LONG list of firearms I'd eventually like to have as part of my collection. Enjoy it! :)

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
I should have bought one of the S&Ws. They extended the beavertail and beveled the bottom of the slide so you didn't get railroad tracks but it was still blowback and not a lot of fun to shoot.

Of course I still have the one I bought for a BUG way back when...;)

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I should have bought one of the S&Ws. They extended the beavertail and beveled the bottom of the slide so you didn't get railroad tracks but it was still blowback and not a lot of fun to shoot.

Of course I still have the one I bought for a BUG way back when...;)
Oh, I know what you mean Charlie! As heavy as the little thing felt, I didn't figure it would recoil much. I was wrong! I mean, it ain't a Ti Lite magnum, but it kicks more than I expected. I didn't figure on the difference between a straight blowback and a locked breach system.

I recently watched some videos of Buffalo Bore .380's, 102 grain hollowpoints loaded up to 1125 FPS (and confirmed with chronograph readings). Impressive but not something I would want to put through my new toy.
I'll bet you'd know when you touched one of those off. :eek:mg:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
The PPK/S I had years agone had an odd twisting recoil, at least in my hands to which I never got accustomed.

The trigger pull (pre-S&W) was long heavy, but I preferred the trigger on my Bodyguard Airweight. 5 110 gr WW Silvertips vs. 8 88gr. WW Silvertips.

Geoff
Who figured back then 8 200 gr. Speer Flying Ashtrays out of a .45 Commander, was a better compromise, but we really didn't have a concealed carry law back in Ohio in the 80's and 90s and into the 21st Century, so I moved to Florida.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts