Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently gotten addicted to fresh flowers. I used to bring in a few from my own garden (such as it is) and I knew I was in trouble when I didn't have any from home and actually bought some just to put on my desk at work. Now I buy them regularly. Our local Harris Teeter has some lovely selections and gives you a little envelope of cut flower food for a $4 bunch -- very nice deal.

What I'd like to know is what this beauty is -- I have seen them in different color combinations, all stunning. I'm sure someone with more experience than I will recognize it immediately, but I couldn't find it in any of my gardening books (and the plant person is never on duty when I do my shopping!)

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
What is this beauty?

Your blossom looks like a Gerber Daisy, but it could be an Echinacea, if I could see the foliage it would help me identify. Check out the site below to see if it helps you.

http://www.gardeninginflorida.com/gerbera.htm

I have been gardening for years now, that refreshing communion with nature is most relaxing and rewarding. I am getting "Older" and the task of too many gardens is taking it's toll, so I am cutting way back. I have "Senior" moments when I cannot remember the names of old familiar plants, but the love is still there.

My husband steered me to this site and I thank him for that. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts