·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a puzzler; any ideas?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I've never seen that one. Do you know where the picture was taken?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
It looks like a Lebel, but just a guess. We had one in our evidence room once. Honkin' big unwieldy thing. 8mm if I remember right.

Had the same kind of latch or whatever at the cylinder and a band around the barrel where the front sight was.

Ooops! Then again, a second look at the photo makes me think it is a top-break.

Then again...

http://www.gunauction.com/buy/95289...condary-weapon-in-8mm-cal-large-grip-1890-ww1

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Was that the revolver with interchangeable parts internally? Which could even be detail stripped fairly easily?
Geoff
Who is a curious fellow..

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
It looks like a Lebel, but just a guess. We had one in our evidence room once. Honkin' big unwieldy thing. 8mm if I remember right.

Had the same kind of latch or whatever at the cylinder and a band around the barrel where the front sight was.

Ooops! Then again, a second look at the photo makes me think it is a top-break.

Then again...

Item:9528989 french 8mm lebel revolver secondary weapon in 8mm cal large grip 1890 ww1 For Sale at GunAuction.com
I think you win the prize IrishCop just looks by the way of the cylinder the one the soldier is carrying might be a later version or a bigger caliber looking at the band on the back of the cylinder. :duh:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Two ugly revolvers having a drunken tryst and producing that! Please get that mental image out of my head.:D

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Dunno what it is, but it out to be the "star gun" in a Steampunk movie.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
And the winner!!! ����

1 - 11 of 11 Posts