Gun Hub Forums banner

Mystery Revolver from E. Europe

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  IrishCop 
#1 ·
This is a puzzler; any ideas?

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
It looks like a Lebel, but just a guess. We had one in our evidence room once. Honkin' big unwieldy thing. 8mm if I remember right.

Had the same kind of latch or whatever at the cylinder and a band around the barrel where the front sight was.

Ooops! Then again, a second look at the photo makes me think it is a top-break.

Then again...

http://www.gunauction.com/buy/95289...condary-weapon-in-8mm-cal-large-grip-1890-ww1

#6 ·
It looks like a Lebel, but just a guess. We had one in our evidence room once. Honkin' big unwieldy thing. 8mm if I remember right.

Had the same kind of latch or whatever at the cylinder and a band around the barrel where the front sight was.

Ooops! Then again, a second look at the photo makes me think it is a top-break.

Then again...

Item:9528989 french 8mm lebel revolver secondary weapon in 8mm cal large grip 1890 ww1 For Sale at GunAuction.com
I think you win the prize IrishCop just looks by the way of the cylinder the one the soldier is carrying might be a later version or a bigger caliber looking at the band on the back of the cylinder. :duh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.