Gunhub.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Friends,

This afternoon, I found out that I am "falling heir to" a Mid-1980s Model 10 RB "snubbie", which has a SEVERELY PITTED BARREL due to being fired a great deal (I presume) with CORROSIVE ammo but not cleaned thereafter , which I must replace.
(It's badly pitted enough that only drilling it out to a "smoothie" would make it OK to shoot again as a "tackle-box revolver", for snakes/rodents/etc.. = Of course doing that would make it UNLAWFUL , as an UNREGISTERED NFA weapon.)

So, IF you have a 2" or 3" blued K-FRAME barrel that you wish to sell, email me at: [email protected]

yours, sw
San Antonio, 78208-1200

·
Registered
10,804 Posts
Ebay has a lot of 4 inch Model 10 barrels which could be cut back to the cylinder pin catch and remount the sight. Or just convert to a 4 inch barreled gun.

You might be able to have the existing barrel sleeved but I don't know if any of our local gun smiths do that.

·
Super Moderator
7,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
csmkersh

I might just buy a 4", re-barrel it & carry the Model 10 in an OEP "tortilla" holster that I already own..
(I've spent FAR more than I should have buying new/expensive holsters for numerous used firearms that I have purchased over the years.)

Nonetheless, I still need a good 2" tube.

yours, sw

1 - 3 of 3 Posts