Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,594 Posts
MikeB said:
I need some help identifying a gun I saw in the movie 'Torque' ….
Haven't seen the movie, but I've examined the available studio stills and they're all about motorcycles and Ice Cube sneering.

Then I watched the trailer for a glimpse of the ordnance you're looking to identify, and two things come to mind:
  1. I think I caught sight of a Desert Eagle…[/*:1gbtqqeh]
  2. It's obviously a PG-13 "badboyz" fantasy for a certain audience segment and little in it is realistic. I mean, honest to Peter G. Kokalis, WTF cares? [/*:1gbtqqeh]

·
Premium Member
6,594 Posts
Whooooooooooooooa, Nellie!

Mad Ogre said:
The Jericho was actually imported as the Jericho 941. A gun that could go from a 9MM or a .41AE with a barrel swap.

Too bad the .41AE was ahead of it's time, because it was better than the .40S&W.
  1. The "Jericho 941" was in actuality manufactured stateside at an outfit named "Jericho Jerico Precision," and re-imported by KBI, the same company which later marketed the West Virginia-made "Baby Brownings" and today's "Charles Daly" branded firearms. (And "Jericho Jerico Precision" is today better known as… all together now, class…?)[/*:26l11m9w]
  2. It also required a magazine swap in addition to the barrel. And for the originally-announced .41 AE 170-grain 1130 fps JHP, I think there was a beefier recoil spring planned.[/*:26l11m9w]
  3. "A head of its time?!?" If the gun and the ammunition had gotten here at the same time, and within a reasonable period after it had been announced (Evan Whilden had come up with the cartridge back in '86!), it might've gained a little better foothold, but do you for a second think that KBI and Action Ammo, who had finally gotten things reasonably coordinated at the Dallas SHOT in '89, could have withstood the S&W/Olin juggernaut launched at SHOT '90?!?[/*:26l11m9w]
  4. Whilden was a v-e-r-y bright guy who went to work for Colt's after he left the Stern family's Action Arms/Action Ammo business, but I don't think he could have pulled this one off even under Colt's aegis. (I believe… CeePee, check me on this… he'd gotten the rebated cartridge rim concept from the original ".40 S&W" experiments conducted by a couple of S&W engineers named Dick Baker and Jim[?] Spencer, who'd abandoned the project in the early '80s.)[/*:26l11m9w]
  5. I'm not sure of the basis of your assessment that the .41 AE was superior to the .40 S&W… other than in respect to operating at lower chamber pressures.[/*:26l11m9w]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.