Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
7,286 Posts
Re: Whooooooooooooooa, Nellie!

DeanSpeir said:
The "Jericho 941" was in actuality manufactured stateside at an outfit named "Jericho Precision," and re-imported by KBI, the same company which later marketed the West Virginia-made "Baby Brownings" and today's "Charles Daly" branded firearms. (And "Jericho Precision" is today better known as… all together now, class…?)[/*]
From the last time you discussed this it was Kimber right? So what's the connection between IMI Israel and Jericho Precision? I have read that the gun was developed by IMI (does that mean IMI developed it, Jericho Precision built it and shipped them to Israel then K.B.I. reimported them back to the U.S.?

Sure gets confusing doesn't it?

Ed

From Modern Firearms sight: "IMI widely exports these handguns. In the USA, they are marketed under the names of "Baby eagle", "Uzi Eagle" or even "Baby Desert Eagle". They also used in Israeli Defence Forces and by Israeli Police."

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg44-e.htm

Thanks,

Ed

·
Administrator
7,286 Posts
Mike, do you know if those Kareens are MKII's? And do you know enough about HP's to tell if they are made any stronger than an FN/Browning HP?

I would love to see one up close. There has been speculation that the original Kareens were F.E.G. parts assembled in Israel. Some claim the MKII's were made completely in Israel but I have no proof of either claim.

Ed

P.S. I have a neat sales video for the Kareen MKII that I d/l off the net a while back. Came out in the early 90's I think when they were imported by a company in Texas.

·
Administrator
7,286 Posts
mikegunner said:
I would have to look at em in the vault -- I seem to remember they have night sights ---- If'n ya want to look at one, I can try to bring one to GunStock. .
At this point Mike (And Fernando if you are reading) It doesn't look like I'm going to be able to swing Gunstock. (I'm truly bummed) I just can't get around the kids schedule. They start school on the Monday after and it would be too much driving for me in too short a time.

But thanks for the offer, I do appreciate it!

Ed

·
Administrator
7,286 Posts
mikegunner said:
Sorry to hear that Ed ---- of course, since my wife is allergic to pet dander(Dogs/Cats), she won't mind. ;)
Hey, I have an appt. this weekend at PetCo. Once a season whether I need it or not!

Fernando said:
Down here it's still up in the air when school starts again. I heard on the news last night that instead of August 10, it has been pushed ahead to the 25th.
Man that's just too early!

Ed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.