Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Well, I hate to say close but not quite 100% right-- it appears from the still to be an Uzi America version of the Baby Eagle (I don't recall, but I don't think they called it the Baby Eagle) Magnum Rearch of Minnesota dubbed them the "baby Eagle" to carry on their linage naming (Desert Eagle, Mountain Eagle...) The gun was called the "Jericho" when it originated. Uzi America was an Import venture of O.F Mossburg. What makes me say this is that the still shows large lettering on the front of the slide which was different from the Magnum Research imported models. The Uzi America deal did not last long and the gun is once again being imported as "the baby eagle"

Mike

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
I had to get into the vault today to put away some firearms that I had just received on Friday and I looked around to confirm what I had posted. In fact, the Uzi America guns were called the UZI EAGLE (good memory Dan'l). The one thing that set them apart from the earlier IMI/Magnum Research "Baby Eagle" was that EVERY UZI EAGLE model came with night sights installed. I collect guns either from Israel or Israeli connection and I have a Jerico 941 in a large case that included one frame and two slides (one in 9mm and the other in 41Action Express. I also have the Magnum Research version of the Jerico and of course the UZI version. The one Isreali gun I want and never bought was a Galil. When I first started getting serious about collecting, they were around $500 and then after the SHTF with all the import bans and then Klinton == they have gone far beyond what I would in clear conscious pay for one.

Mike

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
harvey said:
Mike:

I've got a blued Baby Eagle in .40, which is a fine shooter. The only problem I've had with it was with the original 10-rd Magnum Research magazines -- they only would hold 9 rounds. But MR was very good about replacing them with actual 10-rd magazines at no charge. Kudos to them for fessing up to a problem and resolving it. I believe I paid about $300 for it NIB, which I consider a bargain.

I also had the politically correct, Klintonesque Galil Hadar II rifle. A very accurate rifle, but way too heavy with that ridiculous thumbhole tree they called a stock.

Harvey
I always found Magnum Research to be a very reputable company that stands behind it's products.

Just off the top of my head, my israeli gun collection includes a couple of Kareen HP knockoffs, a couple of BUL pistols, about 3 Uzi Model B's, 1 Uzi model A, 1 Uzi Pistol (9mm/.45acp). 1 Uzi Micro class III with a suppressor, 5 Desert Eagles (2-50AE, 2-44's and 1-a .357), Baby Eagles, Uzi Eagles and some others.

Mike

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
I would have to look at em in the vault -- I seem to remember they have night sights ---- If'n ya want to look at one, I can try to bring one to GunStock. I have been starting to think about what I am going to load up and bring. Fernando, is NC a class III state?? And what does the range think about blasting off 9mm shells at 1400 rounds per minute??? I think I have about 50 or more 30 round Uzi mags loaded up and in a box. That would take a little more than a minute of firing time. (not including reloading time).

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
SpecialEd said:
At this point Mike (And Fernando if you are reading) It doesn't look like I'm going to be able to swing Gunstock. (I'm truly bummed) I just can't get around the kids schedule. They start school on the Monday after and it would be too much driving for me in too short a time.

But thanks for the offer, I do appreciate it!

Ed
Sorry to hear that Ed ---- of course, since my wife is allergic to pet dander(Dogs/Cats), she won't mind. ;)

And, anyone else who may be coming to Gunstock, let me know if there is something you desire to see/shoot and if I have it I will try to bring it. I was already thinking of bringing a SW500 and some ammo just to see the look on peoples faces when they shoot it :twisted:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.