Gunhub.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Ernie Hill belt that includes the spring steel insert, which works very well for me. Unfortunately, my mid section is not as small as it used to be and I need to buy a new belt (38"). I need some recommendations on where I can find another Ernie Hill belt or something similiar. The belt I have now measures just over 1-1/2" in width.

Thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dean, that's what I figured. I've been looking at other makes and am surprised no one else has picked up on the concept. The steel-lined belt works perfectly with my DeSantis "FBI" holster, which holds the pistol quite firmly without a top strap.

Of course, I could always loose a few pounds and my 36" belt would be just fine!

·
Registered
259 Posts
If you're not locked into leather

you might try one of the Wilderness belts, which are available in different stiffness versions. One advantage to them is their fine adjustment capability.

http://www.thewilderness.com

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Re: If you're not locked into leather

Fred said:
you might try one of the Wilderness belts, which are available in different stiffness versions. One advantage to them is their fine adjustment capability.
http://www.thewilderness.com
Their "Safepacker" holster is cited as being usable from wheelchairs. The pix and description look good, but I haven't laid my hands on one. Worth investigating.

The holster itself conceals the gun. It is available in a number of sizes, but is available only in black.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I've got a Safepacker - slow access, but I use it in the woods sometimes. The instructor belt is ok, but it's tough to beat leather for hanging iron... Like my Rosen rig - 'specially now that it's broken in some.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Re: If you're not locked into leather

BigMike said:
Their "Safepacker" holster is cited as being usable from wheelchairs. The pix and description look good, but I haven't laid my hands on one. Worth investigating.
I have a Safepacker which I use primarily for keeping my SA XD-9 free from dust and crud when it's in the truck or camper. I bet it would also do fine strapped to a backpack if need be. IMO, this is a versatile and well-made piece of equipment.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I received the belt and am quite happy with it. I will be giving it a try at the next IDPA match - and least my eyeballs won't be buggin' out from wearing a belt that is too small!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts