Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out buying plumbing supplies today and decided to go buy the local gun shop and came home with this.....been wanting one for a good three years!I think this pushed the GarandGuy's BM59 out of a purchase over the summer I just told myself I save meself 800 smackers :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I looked at one on sale at Dick's yesterday... and managed to escape without buying it.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I like a .3008 Walt and a bolt w/mag suits me fine ;) I just got to fine a plain Jane green web sling,different flash suppressor/hider and maybe a decent scope and that I am up for recommendations.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Nice rifle Javlin. I have found the .308 to be a very accurate round. Five shot group at 100 yards.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I took the Scout out today and shot some rounds down range and she felt good with a nice trigger much like the accu-trigger setup.The first shot open sites hit a milk jug @75yds standing.I only threw 15rds downrange just basically starting to break in the barrel.I did change out the bird cage suppressor to something that looks more the part for the rifle and thinking the scope is off the books ATTM.I will post pics maybe later of the rifle with the new flash suppressor.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I want one - and I may actually sell (shudder) something else to get it.

Things were simpler when I had fewer mouths to feed.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had thinned out the collect some about 3 rifles and now all the slots are filled but the Apienne BM 59 will be coming methinks in about 6wks.

Walt follow up shots was a breeze recoil much less than the M1a and all shot today was standing off-hand operation smooth/sweet.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I had thinned out the collect some about 3 rifles and now all the slots are filled but the Apienne BM 59 will be coming methinks in about 6wks.

Walt follow up shots was a breeze recoil much less than the M1a and all shot today was standing off-hand operation smooth/sweet.
Need a Scout and a Benelli.

Then I'll stop...

:)

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I want one - and I may actually sell (shudder) something else to get it.

Things were simpler when I had fewer mouths to feed.
Don't feel bad, Walt. Between remodeling the house and getting Deb ready for her yearly Zumba convention, I have gone from buying guns with wild abandon to trading in an old gun for a new one with some boot. Oh, well...;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts