Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just heard that there is a new type of high tech chronograph coming out in January at the SHOT Show. Its called LabRadar. As it sounds its works off of Doppler radar and actually tracks your bullets to the target and can give you velocities at virtually any distance from muzzle to target. It works with all projectiles, even arrows. It is not dependant on light conditions or anything else that plagues normal chronographs. Keep watching for their website, Located Here it should be up soon.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
If you have to ask .............................................

·
Registered
795 Posts
Remote sensing the base of a small arms projectile is not trivial. If it were easy we would have seen bench top radar and laser chronographs in the nineties.
There's lots of backscatter from all the stationary objects downrange that make accurately detecting the projectile very difficult.

The site in OP's link has the following:
My site is launching soon.
I smell vaporware.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
As I recall from PS back in the 60s Wallops Island used to calibrate their tracking radar by tracking a .22 LR round.

If they could do that then and MB and Lexus can put reliable radar into the front end of a car...well maybe.

Geoff
Who notes skyscreens beat heck out of disks spinning around a shaft. From an illustration in Hatcher's notebook, I suspect my memory ain't whut it never wuz..

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
So we are getting V's downrange at target? Albeit easier how useful is downrange as opposed to bench?Looks good and all if all the bugs have been worked out but the price difference makes me ask is it worth it.I have never chronographed my loads always relied on the data supplied but what is a reliable % difference in loads?On an engine if your highest cylinder is 150psi then the rest best be within 10% for acceptability meaning the lowest comes in no less than 135psi.In the video I just saw about 5%.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts