Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just jumped over from Battlerifles.com. Looks like a great site. I always enjoy discussing guns, bourbon (as I sip on a Maker's Mark), politics, etc. Look forward to getting to know everyone.
BT

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Heyyyyyy, well, if it isn't the coach of my favorite NFC team, The Dallas Cowboys. Listen, Bill, I've been meaning to talk to you about Keyshawn. Great pickup with Richie Anderson and the rest, and no quarrel with getting rid of the young quarterback, controversy and all, but as for Keyshawn, wellllllll, . . .

yawwwwwwwwnnnnn.

Anyway, welcome to Your American Back Yard, and I'll be screaming for you through the rest of the season. If you guys play the Jets, I'm going to have to take their side, but just know I love you guys anyway. That's in a Manly Man sense, y'know. I may like Girly Man Cigars, but when it comes to bourbon, rye and football, it's Manly Men all the way.

Heyyyyyy, whassamattawitchooguyzanyhow???? He said Brutal Tuna. Who else could it be???

:dunno: :duh:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome all.
And, Bloofington, afraid I'm not that Tuna. Actually a Steeler fan myself, and the Bucs too being from Fla. I gotta say, I've already been reading about your bourbon favs. While I have a special place in my heart for Maker's, I look forward to investigating some of those on your list. :wink:

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Hey, gotta love them Steelers. Great tradition, great blue collar city, Sergeant Slaughter as the perennial coach, and a guy who averages 40 inches per carry scoring more touchdowns than the rest of the league. As for Tampa Bay, it was definitely nice for you guys while it lasted. They did a heck of a job down there for a few years, and I'm sure they'll be back.

By the way, Orange you glad you moved out of Florida? :D

And as for those bourbons, that's quite a list to choose from, no? By the way, just in case you missed it, here's my four favorite web sites, with commentaries on each. Oh, and once I find out whether or not Dog Chapman, his wife and his posse are coming to extricate me from my home between now and November 16th, I'll be concentrating on rye this winter, with of course old favorite bourbons to keep me warm, too.

1. binnys.com - great prices, great selection, great shipping charges, my new favorite web site, but always check the others thoroughly before buying anything here, or on any other web site or liquor store.

2. samswine.com - their annual Fall Warehouse Sale starts this week. Sam's normally has decent, not great selection, but great prices, so-so shipping charges, with annoying Cook County, Illinois 70 cents per bottle Internet Freaking Nuisance Sales Tax in addition to shipping charges. When they run one of their Warehouse Sales however, like this one, they simply CANNOT be beat.

3. alcoholreviews.com - best selection, HIGHWAY ROBBERY prices. Bring the Marines and a couple of tanks to boot, because their prices are criminal, 1.5 to 2.5 times what anyone not even in their right mind would pay, HOWEVER, . . . when they run sales on individual items look closely, because they're hard to beat. They also run two annual 25% off sales, which also bring them into competitive stature price-wise. Shipping charges so-so.

4. missionliquor.com - occasionally have things no one else has, but most of their prices are also criminal, HOWEVER, . . . you will find three or four items where their prices are ridiculously low. Go figure. Shipping charges suck the worst, but when they're the only one who has it, and the price is right, why not?

Welcome again, and go Steelers, in honor of another dumb blond from my childhood days, the One and Only Terry Bradshaw.

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
STEELERS FAN!!!?????

This guy hasta go! <just kidding!>

I live 75 miles south of Pittsburgh, but grew up with an absolute HATRED for the Squealers. When I was a child (1960's) they were terrible and by the time they won their first Super Bowl (1974) I was 13 and could not stand them. Being a fan of a diffrent team from the home area team meant hearing alot of crap from people so that is where my hatred of the Steelers is based.

Also, I have been to 3 Rivers Stadium and Heinz Field for games and could go on and on with storys about problems I have encountered with Steeler fans. I have attended games in other cities and the only fans that I have witnessed acting as bad would be Browns fans. IMHO one of the biggest problems with pro sports and fan troubles begins with the service of alcohol at the games. Take a borderline personality and add some alcohol and VOILA --- instant a$$hole!

I will get off my soapbox now :wink: :soap:

and --- WELCOME to Brutal Tuna

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
I never minded the Steelers but I could never stand Bradshaw and I still can't! They rulled the 70's though. And names like Stallworth, Swan, Brier (Rocky?) Greene and Harris still deserve great respect.

Ed

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Eh, Bradshaw was great while he was playing. It's when he found his TV personality that he really got bad.
Rocky Bleir was one of the best though. He played with pure heart and determination. I had the pleasure of shaking his hand a few years ago. What a gentleman.

You're right SpecialEd, you listed some of the great ones.
Don't forget Hamm and Lambert. Defensive madmen.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Being from Wilmington -- just about 20 minutes south of Philadelphia -- I've grown up taking lumps with the Phillies, Eagles, Sixers and Flyers. Talk about a labor of love.

But I still respect talent when I see it!

Ed

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
B.Tuna said:
Rocky Bleir was one of the best though.
It's "Rocky Blier," Gawddamnit!

The poor SOB got his right foot half shot off in service to his country, and not even a professed Steelers fan can get his name right!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DeanSpeir said:
B.Tuna said:
Rocky Bleir was one of the best though.
It's "Rocky Blier," Gawddamnit!

The poor SOB got his right foot half shot off in service to his country, and not even a professed Steelers fan can get his name right!
Actually, you're right. I did misspell it. However you did as well.

http://www.rockybleier.com/

Gawddamnit!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts