Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This knife is so good that it deserves to have real "knife people" try one out. It has a 3 1/2" blade of S30V steel that is razor sharp. The overall lengh of 8 1/4" is in perfect balance thanks to the solid titanium scales. The scales have a built in texture that give a solid grip and the shape will not let the knife turn in your grip. This knife for some reason has thumb studs, but, to open you hold the knife in the regular user grip and lightly touch the Bump and the heavy blade is open. I'm right handed, but I don't see why it would not also be great for leftys as well. It is a full size knife, but, thanks to the use of titanium it only weighs 4.6 oz. This has to be folder of the year. Regards

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
It's different. But I think the Boa has a more elegant look. The Bump looks a little awkward.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats why I said" knife people need to handle one of these Bumps" When in your hand it is like a fighter plane, The Boa is a fine knife, but, the blade is to short for the long handle, it has to have a safety to keep it from deploying in your pocket, the Bump has solved that. You open the bump with your index finger on top of the knife and away from the blade which is made from 1/8" thick stock. The bump blade is more pointed to allow for more kinds of use. The final thing I like about this knife is the S30V carbon steel as opposed to the 440C used in the BOA and so many knives. It holds a fine edge, and can be sharpened to a razor edge by most of us who understand that being a fine carbon steel it needs minor care to prevent rusting. The last item is that the Bump is thinner because the titanium scales are so strong they do not require a separate interliner.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Huh?

You open the bump with your index finger on top of the knife and away from the blade which is made from 1/8" thick stock as opposed to .125".
Huh?

I'm more of a butterknife guy than a serious knife guy, but, unless my math is worse than it used to be, 1/8" = 0.125"

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks BigMike, you are of course correct. By the way watching a true Balisong owner work the art is one of my favorite visuals as knives go. The Bump opens with the same authority without requiring the skill level.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
So many knives,

So many guns,

So little money

So much to hide from the missus!

:lol:

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hear you, SpecialEd, I went through my knife collection and sold my Bulldogs and Fighting Rooster's and a lot of older Spydercos. That has allowed me to try out a few of the new creations. It is fun to have a new knife from time to time and I have moved to a smaller house (cabin really) with no room to display my knives. I am one of the BR members and am glad that you have this knife forum for those of us who love the edge. I also like that Big Lab on your avitar, my brother has the twin named Bart. Always smiling.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Thanks Kaz BUT, Tucker is a Golden Retriever, not a Yellow Lab. Very similar in looks and temperment, both great dogs. Goldens shed more than Labs and aren't as barrel chested.

Tucker is 110 lbs. of Mamma's Boy. :wink:

Back on Topic. I could get in real trouble if I go back to Knifecenter.com too many times. :lol:

Ed

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll bet that once you try a Bump you will own one. Funny about handsome brutes mix, Bart is half Golden (mom) and Black Lab (sire). He came out with the light color and happy disposition.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They will be very popular, I'm sure someone will show up with one to let you test drive before long . Maybe Fernando will give one away in one of his famous drawings and you can do a real "test" You are going to like the way it opens. Regards

1 - 14 of 14 Posts