Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
That's us, or it used to be. Before that we were EOTAC Forum, and before that we were American Backyard Forum, and before that I hadn't discovered us yet.

Welcome aboard. Next round's on you. ;):thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Some came from Battlerifles.com but I have no idea who that might be.
Prodigy was one of the first communities on the interwebs, a bit more user friendly than Compu-Serve, for those who remember that dinosaur.

It had a Shooting Sports sub-community where some of the more seasoned among us here met.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I think I linked over from the "M14 Firing Line" when this site was The American Backyard, so I'm still kind of a youngster.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I came on-board during the American Backyard version, too. Found it via Dean Spears Gun Zone. Lurked for a long time 'cause I was so intimidated by the knowledge of the folks on board (and was roundly put in my place, deservedly, by Dean on a couple of occasions - non critical thinking and anecdotal stuff).

Love this forum, though. The folks are smart, friendly know more and know more about guns and shooting then any number of so-called experts I could name.

Besides, where else do you get to interact with Charlie Petty, Masaad Ayoob, Patrick Sweeney and other prominent gun guys?

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Ah, Dean; I miss 'im. He actually complimented me once, when I used an apostrophe correctly. I caught a little of his acid keyboard a time or two, though.
Im registered over on the Long Island Firearms board, but it's just not the same.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts