Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my wallet was a little fatter than it usually is ... plus it's about a week after my birthday ....
so I picked up a new pistol. A Ruger MK III with 5.5" barrel from Academy Sports. I like it's sleek looks and bluing.
:D
One thing that I was a little interested in was Ruger made a very similar pistol with flatter sidegrips. In fact, so far as I was able to determine they were the only difference. The gun I bought was about $35 or more more expensive. I wonder what that was about? The version with the thicker grips was what I bought as it fit my hand much better. Just felt more substantial.
Now I have something to keep my Buck Mark company.

As well as a thinner wallet . . . . . :mrgreen: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:? I'm not sure I understand your comments. I wasn't thinking in terms of plastic (or "polymer") I was thinking in terms of "really nice .22 semiauto by reputable manufacturer."
If you're refering to the grips ... they're plastic. The grips on the ruger I didn't buy were also plastic, just a different design.
The Ruger is what it is; a semi .22 made out of metal ... no polymer frame.
Tradition is nice. :mrgreen:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,499 Posts
I know, my MK II is a 514T all Stainless with a bull 5.5" barrel.

I think however, I desire something a bit more compact, I really miss my old MK I Standard.

I have been thinking about this: http://www.shootersjax.com/ruger2245sla ... steel.aspx

Especially if I can find it in Stainless.

Geoff
Who notes the front sight just flew off his Walther P-22 (I'll call Monday) and that expletive deleted barrel shroud keeps vibrating loose.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Skeptic49 said:
I know, my MK II is a 514T all Stainless with a bull 5.5" barrel.

I think however, I desire something a bit more compact, I really miss my old MK I Standard.

I have been thinking about this: http://www.shootersjax.com/ruger2245sla ... steel.aspx
Especially if I can find it in Stainless.

Geoff
Who notes the front sight just flew off his Walther P-22 (I'll call Monday) and that expletive deleted barrel shroud keeps vibrating loose.
I like that two -- almost a "snubbie" version of mine!

Oh, if I can remember how to download, here's mine:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,940 Posts
TommyGunn said:
Skeptic49 said:
I know, my MK II is a 514T all Stainless with a bull 5.5" barrel.

I think however, I desire something a bit more compact, I really miss my old MK I Standard.

I have been thinking about this: http://www.shootersjax.com/ruger2245sla ... steel.aspx
Especially if I can find it in Stainless.

Geoff
Who notes the front sight just flew off his Walther P-22 (I'll call Monday) and that expletive deleted barrel shroud keeps vibrating loose.
I like that two -- almost a "snubbie" version of mine!

Oh, if I can remember how to download, here's mine:
Geoff - I just gave up on long barrel and left mine configured with the short one.

And the sight just got hot glued into place.

T.Gunn - Just had to stick that Thompson in the picture, didn't you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WaltGraham said:
.... T.Gunn - Just had to stick that Thompson in the picture, didn't you?
:mrgreen: He he. :mrgreen:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,499 Posts
Walt Commented: "Geoff - I just gave up on long barrel and left mine configured with the short one. And the sight just got hot glued into place."

I have only the short barrel, bottom of the line military version, but mine was early enough to have two magazines. The barrel shroud is a continuing problem, the middle size FS blade departed just when I was starting to get some decent groups on a bull target at 15 yards and head shots on a mini silhouette at 25 yards. I suspect an inch-lbs torque wrench might help.

Geoff
Who is still looking for a Bersa Thunder .22 LR, and finding them listed, but not available. Sigh.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,940 Posts
Skeptic49 said:
Walt Commented: "Geoff - I just gave up on long barrel and left mine configured with the short one. And the sight just got hot glued into place."

I have only the short barrel, bottom of the line military version, but mine was early enough to have two magazines. The barrel shroud is a continuing problem, the middle size FS blade departed just when I was starting to get some decent groups on a bull target at 15 yards and head shots on a mini silhouette at 25 yards. I suspect an inch-lbs torque wrench might help.

Geoff
Who is still looking for a Bersa Thunder .22 LR, and finding them listed, but not available. Sigh.
Sorry, I subbed stabilizer for shroud.

My bad.

I still like the gun.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top