Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hola!

Thank you for this site; I am sure it will become a favorite. Might I suggest a sub-catagory regarding "Great Drivesand National Parks". An example of this might be local drives that we as a community can be made aware of, all the way up to reviews of great parkways (such as the Blue Ridge Parkway or the Natchez Trace Parkway). Additionally, this might also be expanded to include reviews of national or state parks.

I am sure that this wouldn't be the most visited section of the board, but might be a great way to interest people in these great national resources.

Thanks again for the board!

·
Registered
259 Posts
I like the idea as well

the only catch I see is that if we have too many forums the site might be a little too "busy". Good example is GT, where IMO there are too many forums. Consequently, many members don't take the time to find the right forum to post in, they simply post in one of the first two forums at the top of the GT list.

Perhaps we could expand the nature photog forum or rename it or something else to include favorite drives, etc. Just my .02.

·
Site Founder
4,081 Posts
I’ve spent some time going over the forums this morning and the various topics. Once I switch the “comments” topics over to moderator view only, that will eliminate eight topics from the overall site. As it stands, the Ordnance Forum has the most topics with eleven. I think we have reached the limit for topics in the site, at least for now anyway. We can look at it again once there is greater traffic coming into the site.

I do agree with you that having too many topics can have a negative impact. Especially when you are talking about a forum with all the topics on one general subject. Even as a firearms enthusiast my attention span is limited with long forums.

With AmBack we are covering a broader spectrum of subjects. Hopefully that will keep people here longer and have them posting in multiple subject fields. Heck, you may even see me posting in the gardening area!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts