Gunhub.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got new Tech Sights for YUGO SKS's and man are they good. Very sturdy and only took about 20 minute with just hand tools to install!!!! Larry at Techsights.com was great to talk to and gave great advice on the installation. Hats off to ya Larry for making a great product at a fair price....with great service. I called and had them in 2 days...I took them out and what a difference they made at 300yds...turns the COMBLOC gun into a real shooter...will try em out this year at DCM matches at 600yds as the final test. The click adjustments are as rock solid as the sights...Thanks again LARRY!! :cheers: :rock: :rock: :thumbsup: :hypercolor:

·
Registered
979 Posts
NYprolitariat,
My son has the Tech-Sight on one of his SKS rifles. We took it to the range last Friday and tested it out. I just have the issue sights on mine and wanted to check out the Tech-Sights before I bought one. Saturday I went on line and ordered a sight for my SKS and hope to see it soon. My eyesight isn't what is used to be but I do fairly good with my M1 so, the tech-sight will hopefully change things for me when I shoot the SKS. Oh, thanks for the post. :)

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
surplusrifle.com did a review of these. They look nice, but I don't want to permanently modify my SKS if I can avoid it.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I've installed these sights, and would not call the modification permanent, at least in the sense that it is easily reversible to original configuration.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Mine came in the mail today. It will probably be a few days before I can get them installed and go to the range. My wife has been keeping me busy with honey-do projects. I don't care about undoing the install, not a problem, unless I decide to sell it some day, but I bought it to shoot and not to set in the safe.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good for you Wild trapper..I'm glad you're not going to keep it in the safe as would do. Guns were made to be shot and appreciated like fine wine.I'm sure after you complete your "honey do"list you'll be toasting your new sights on the range. :wine: :cheerschug: :mrgreen:

·
Super Moderator
13,159 Posts
Does the regular leaf rear sight have to be removed in order to use the Tech Sight?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Sorry for the delay snake. Yes, you need to remove the leaf sight to un-clutter your sight picture. The elevation of the peep sight is such that the leaf sights obstructs your sight picture. Great thing about that is the zero seems to stay the same. :)

·
Registered
651 Posts
Tech Sites

..great invention. My '51 Tula did not show enough post over the gas block despite adjustments. Larry is "bringing out" a new version that will have elevation adjustment, too, which will solve this problem of some SKSs using the original version.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts