Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m sure y’all know my fondness for various .22 conversion units. Well, I’ve got a new one.

After almost a year wait I received the Tactical Solutions TSG-22 unit for Glock 17 and 22 models. It is a simple change of the top half. Off with the old- on with the new. Unless you’re looking at the muzzle there’s really no visual difference.

Obviously the unit changes operation to straight blowback but the slide is steel. Operation is exactly the same as the normal Glock. One of the strong points of Toctical Solutions unit for the 1911 is the magazine and this one is just as good. It is a staggered double-column that holds 15 rounds. The slide locks open when empty.

The magazine is molded with a one piece body. The baseplate can be removed for cleaning. There are buttons on either side of the follower so loading to full capacity is no problem.

TS recommends CCI Blazer, CCI Mini-mag and Federal Auto Match ammo.

I put the unit on my Glock 17 and got one brief shooting session before my part of the world shut down due to snow.

I shot it with all the recommended loads and CCI Standard velocity. The were no significant problems just a little stickiness that I attribute to new. After two or three magazines with each of the high velocity loads it functioned perfectly with standard velocity.

No formal accuracy test has been done yet but I think it will be fine. I was able to keep all shots on the big gong at 70 yd. and hit some of the smaller steel with regularity.

This is the first Glock conversion I’ve shot but I was able to study one of the Advantage Arms units and they seem to be very similar.

When I am able to dig out I’ll shoot it some more. TS tells me they are significantly back ordered and I do not know the MSRP yet.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Charlie,

Nice new toy!

Was just looking at the Tactical Solutions site. What do you know about the accuracy level of their AR 22 conversion with good ammo?

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Charlie, does this slide have the sights on the side like other Glocks??????

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have to order the homeboy model for that. :wink:

Sean I have one of their AR uppers but I tested it some time ago. I'll see what I can find but my memory is that it was just fine.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have been hoping that someone would come out with an AR upper in 22LR that with good ammo, would consistently do .5 or better 5 shoot groups at 50 yards. There is NO reason this could not be done and sell in the $500 to $600 range with a good barrel.

The old ones made by DPMS would do that, but they where gone before I could afford to buy one.

·
Super Moderator
13,170 Posts
The best 50 yard group my DPMS .22 ever shot was .635, IIRC, and that was with cheap ammo, not match stuff. It will consistently beat an inch and is much more accurate than either of my 10/22s.

BTW, mine's the skinny-barrel M4 configuration, NOT a heavy barrel or "match" gun.

Its only downsize is its oddball magazines.

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sean I know I did it but I'll be dipped if I can find the data... I'll shoot it again after I get back from the show.

The Glock unit MSRP is $350

·
Registered
37 Posts
Charlie...whenever you get around to it is fine!

I was digging around and say one article on the Tactical Solutions AR upper, the version that looks like an M4 and it was mostly under .75 and better stuff in the mid .6 region. The free floated version, one would hope, "might" do better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts