Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Interesting that the article mis-spells obstensibly....they don't have spell check?

I see some major law suits brewing. Back when our local fish wrap felt compelled to do the same I wrote them about why that was such a bad idea. They published the letter, but the paragraph where I promised to sue the paper, publisher, editors and responsible staff jointly and severally should anyone cause us harm somehow didn't get printed.

Putting that stuff on the internet takes it to a whole different level.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
One woman, according to the news, has received more than 100 hang up calls. ARE THERE NO LAWYERS?

Geoff
Who, if on the jury would award twice the net worth of the owning entity and all it's stockholders.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well, along with being a "shopping list for burglars, you can also probably find the following on the list, besides Prison Guards and their families:

Police Officers, and their families.

People who fled abusive relationships or stalkers, who have guns for protection and want their addresses kept quiet.

People who have guns and try to keep a low profile because they were witnesses in criminal cases.

Security professionals and private investigators.

It is a dumb move for a bunch of reasons.... I am sure your leatter would have covered a bunch of them.

·
Super Moderator
13,172 Posts
Not to be outdone, another paper has published a map of all gun owners in Texas.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
Snake45,

As you know, I'm Bexar County, TX & we are the second most densely populated county in TX. (Harris County is #1) - A friend of mine, who is an LT with one of the Constable's offices, recently told me that there are estimated to be TWICE as many firearms in this county than there are PEOPLE.
(FYI, everybody in this small complex has at least ONE, with pump & SA shotguns being the most common. - YEP, this complex is small enough for me to know every adult & most of the kid/grandkids. - Close to HALF are CCW.)

NOTE: as a TX-born NA, I know of a AmerIndian tribe here that has MORE M1 Garands than ADULTS.
(YEP, I'm telling you JUST Garands! Their "gun club membership list" is essentially the same list as the tribal roll of males.)

yours, sw

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
To ALL,

One thing that "the news media morons" there HAVE done is set-up the NON-armed homeowners for CRIMES!
(Criminals are NOT stupid enough to HIT armed homes, when they have SAFER targets.)

yours, sw

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
threefeathers,

Years ago, my "sister of the heart" (Sarah) & I shared a large townhouse in northern VA, when I worked at "the 5-sided puzzle palace". That neighborhood had "a burglary problem".
At the time, we both had a Rottweiler each & numerous weapons.
(Sarah is "a dead shot" with the little Model 60 S&W that she carries all the time.)

My "job" was to walk the dogs every afternoon & so everyone in the neighborhood KNEW about the Rotties.

One day I passed two young "local thugs", who were walking on the other side of the street. - I overheard one say to the other, "You best not break into that man's house. He got GUNS & BAAAD dogs"
(When they walked on down the sidewalk, I HAD to laugh & I remember thinking, "It pays to advertize".)

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
As soon as enough folks on the list have been raped and murdered we will have an argument against registration. Considering the emphasis on this story in the "media" the GGGs are salivating about another week of stories and another Skumsuker to turn into a media God!
Let's face facts folks, the murderer in CT was BIGGER THAN JESUS in the week before Christmas and got the Newses HOLY SACRED RATINGS!! in a time of slow news.
Geoff
Who is never in favor of more .gov power.

·
Registered
795 Posts
As you know, I'm Bexar County, TX & we are the second most densely populated county in TX. (Harris County is #1) - A friend of mine, who is an LT with one of the Constable's offices, recently told me that there are estimated to be TWICE as many firearms in this county than there are PEOPLE.
One of the lesser known statistics I saw in print was that the Branch Davidians at Mr. Carmel outside of Waco owned on average fewer guns per adult than the average for all of Texas.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
phanton4570,

I wouldn't be surprized to find out that that was 100% CORRECT. - Remember, that I said that the LT said more firearms than PEOPLE
(You should also know that Bexar County has a HUGE percentage of young children, so the adults must as SEVERAL weapons per adult.)

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Gun registration, begging for your rights and paying bribes to politicians in order to get on a list of potential victims.

FREE THE US of A NOW!

Geoff
Who was listed in FL because he has a CCW.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
So far a rumor, but the Journal's publishing may have outed at least one person who was hiding from a stalker.

Unintended Consequence Of The Day | Black & Right

Given the sheer number of people who got their names and addresses published the odds sadly are that one or two stories like this are out there.
I've also seen on the news that convicts in prison are threatening to use this information against guards.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts