Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
This reminds me of the picture of the female police officer who had a 30 round magazine backwards in her AR 15. I think the pic was in a thread somewhere on this site. here it is. I hope

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
More likely a PR flack slapped one together for the photo.
Geoff
Who notes public relations don't do details, or facts very often.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
But..But..he's got the really cool vest and gloves and...and...he LOOKS so cool!!! :twisted:

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
I think he has his BUIS raised. That means he probably won't shoot too many innocent people.:twisted:
:confused: He didn't notice there was no red dot & circle while he was at the range?

I know many policemen are not "gun people," but OTOH if you're going to be issued a weapon to use and lives may depend on what you do, you better know the weapon and how to use it -- CORRECTLY.
IMHO....

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Chances are it’s an issue rifle and he didn’t know any better. I see his BUIS is raised, maybe he got frustrated when the electronic sight didn’t work. He should still be able to make a shot with his BUIS. Still, a bit sad. The photo is a quick moment in time…that could have been seconds after someone handed the rifle to him, he may not have had the opportunity to address the problem yet. Still, a weapon meant for serious duty should be ready to go.

·
Registered
589 Posts
No wonder the-powers-that-be in NY only want law enforcement to have magazines with more than 7 rounds. They need the extra rounds to actually hit something.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Well even the "pros" can have a facepalm moment or two....

The Gun Zone -- FUBAR AR

<http://www.thegunzone.com/mos/fubar-ar.html>

It gets more attention when it is a pro who makes a goof, see the infamous DEA agent youtube video where the guy making a speech shoots himself in the leg. (Poor guy, luckily no one else was hurt as he was in a packed room.) Still all can learn from these goofs, to cut the odds of similar ones in the future.

I hope all PDs take it to heed with their armorers at the very least.

These pics are funny in a way but they could really get someone killed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts