Gunhub.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as i was reading alot of the posts on the m1a(i own a pre-ban) i saw alot of questions regarding the norinco version of the m1a.

i'm wondering, in general, of norinco's reputation on the quality of their weapons.

i'm interested in purchasing a model 97 repro of the ww1 trench gun and am considering the norinco as the genuine article is going for around $2000.00.

i'm also wondering if the repro's feature the same action that were originally on the winchester trench guns; that is, the ability to sustain fire by pumping rounds with the trigger depressed.

i'm guessing not, but if anyone knows anything about them, i'd appreciate the feedback.

thanks, and i'm glad i discovered this site as i own several other battle rifles: i really like my remington u.s. model 1917...and wonder why the springfield 03-A3 gets so much more attention.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
the norinco 97 trench guns are very well regarded. don't know if they have a disconnector or not.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have one!!

They're great!! I have the 97T!!

AFAIK you can sustain fire if yo depress the trigger, but I got to test it!!

Y
:D :D :D

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
I'm real happy with mine. If you hold down the trigger, it'll shoot as fast as you pump it. It comes really, really well oiled. Strip the heat sheild off and wipe the oil off real good or it might try to walk off when firing (mine did). I have not shot an original, but I doubt that it functioned any better than these. No failure to fires or feeds. Can't ask for a lot more than that :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies...

i appreciate the feedback...and it sounds like the norinco trench doesn't disappoint, i'm off to gunbroker.com. thanks again to all.

·
Registered
290 Posts
My Trenchie works great!

You find someone to trim the mag tube follower and then you can put in 6+1 in the chamber.

No Trigger disconnect = hold trigger and pump away!

and the M1917 Bayonet looks Mean on the end!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've shot the NORINCO 97 in Cowboy Action for over 4 years and 5,000 rounds.
Good guns! They are very stiff for a few hundred rounds but get smoother with some time.
The TRENCH GUN configuration has benefited from some "Cowboy R&D" thru the Cowboys working the basic action REAL HARD and the latest updates are on the TRENCH GUNS.
Yes, keep your finger on the trigger and "Pump Away"!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Guns & stuff.com has these 97's for $294

·
Registered
914 Posts
well I'll also chime in and say........these are some great shotguns, I bought mine at a gun show last year.....and was walking around to see about finding the bayonet for this......man I must got stopped a dozen times as folks thought I had the recoil McCoy.......they were totally surpised that this was a clone....the walnut furniture and finish is exceptional. just make sure that the heat shield is on tight.....mine was starting to slide off the barrel, until I cranked it down

now I have read that the early versions that first hit the market a long time ago had some issues to them....but these lastest ones don't have that problem.

I ended up buying the M1917 bayonet from either SOG or AIM, gun show dealers just wanted way, way too much for theirs....guesss they figure their's are museaum relics that demand more then the market price.

I would definetly get the M1917 bayonet for yours......price is right and it will make the shotgun look even more eeeeeeeevil and menacing :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts