Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,758 Posts
Plenty of blame to go around

The article mentions Bush as well as Clinton. There's plenty of blame to go around.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I think the blame starts over 30 years ago when Western Europe, and to some extent the U.S., did nothing to stop terrorism in its early stages.

Even as a teenager, I thought it was odd that the West knew that terrorists were being trained in places like Libya and did nothing. The mooslems were hijacking planes, shooting up airports and eventually murdering Israeli Olympic athletes. Unless some happened to by killed on the spot by inadequately trained police, terrorists who were caught ended up being released. And they tended to continue the same type of activities.

I realize that many of the mooslem states were allied with the USSR and that striking a hard blow may have led to something worse. But there doesn't seem to have been any will to kill those people back then.

We are paying the price for failing to act in blood, treasure and loss of personal freedom, and will likely continue to do so for the rest of my life.

·
Super Moderator
7,758 Posts
And it wasn't just not wanting to provoke the USSR. It's tough to take a side when your in bed with both sides. We sold Iraq their weapons. We trained Bin Laden in Afghanistan. We were buddies with Pineappleface in Panama. We're real cozy with Pakistan and Saudi Arabia where much of the trouble originates.

:soap:

Ed

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
SpecialEd said:
And it wasn't just not wanting to provoke the USSR. It's tough to take a side when your in bed with both sides. We sold Iraq their weapons. We trained Bin Laden in Afghanistan. We were buddies with Pineappleface in Panama. We're real cozy with Pakistan and Saudi Arabia where much of the trouble originates.

:soap:

Ed
That's the problem with political "principals." To me, a principal is a graven-in-bedrock piece of sure knowledge that is unchangeable. Politics has been described as the "art of compromise." When you compromise princiapals, it means you have none.

Defense of self or others against immoraly initiated violence is a principal for me. If I change my mind about that, it will be because my brain has stopped functionaing normally (stroke, Alzheimer's. etc.)

·
Super Moderator
7,758 Posts
[quote="Richard Jefferies
Defense of self or others against immoraly initiated violence is a principal for me. If I change my mind about that, it will be because my brain has stopped functionaing normally (stroke, Alzheimer's. etc.)[/quote]

What you said!

G

·
0 Posts
bs, the blame lies with our support

of Israel, which we do without a lick of reason or sense.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
jumpy - so we defend and nurture democracy or do we fold ? Maybe hope the shark will eat us last ? What's your grand strategy for defeating those who want us dead, or at the very least, want us to revert back to the good old 7th century way of doing things... ?

G

·
0 Posts
# 1 ,quit playing bully boy the world over, as

we've done for a century, and as we've done in S America for over 2 centuries. Then, if there's a problem, send in a team or 2 to kill the miscreant leaders. If that doesn't suffice, send a backpack nuke. I GUARANTEE you that the latter will suffice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts