Gunhub.com banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had asked for a competitons forum to be added to Battlerifles.com after significant membership input, but nothing was ever done.

Now that BR will be a part of AmBack, I like the opportunity to have a home room for competitive shooting with rifles that does not invlove benchrests and bipods.

Let's add some spice to the mix here by bringing in all the questions about how to get started, shooting tips and techniques, match reports, upcoming matches, etc. here!

SWO daddy
NRA Expert
CMP non-Distinguished Rifleman

·
Super Moderator
7,758 Posts
This morning the voices told me to cut little crosses on the tips of my bullets. :lol:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am glad to see this forum.
I have just started shooting HP this year, and I love it.
I wish I had got involved long ago. I have got a million questions.
Ramrod

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ramrod said:
I am glad to see this forum.
I have just started shooting HP this year, and I love it.
I wish I had got involved long ago. I have got a million questions.
Ramrod
Welcome to the sport.

I started another thread with some links to pages with lots of baisc "how-to" tips.

Look through those, and see if some of your questions are answered. I would also recommend you order a copy of "Modern Highpower Rifle, from Beginner to Master" by Randolph Constantine. Sinclair International http://www.sinclairintl.com has it.

Finally, feel free to post your questions here. There are several of us from Battlerifles.com who've been at this game for some time, and would love to help you out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I shoot XTC and long range highpower. I also shoot a truck load of smallbore. Great to see this forum start. 8)

·
Registered
729 Posts
I started well over a year ago with my Mauser. That was my last step besides filling out the app, and sending the money. Then I got my M-1 and now doing it as much as I can, AND I LOVE IT.

competitive shooting with rifles that does not invlove benchrests and bipods.
Thats cuz we ole School.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Checking in!

Funny story--I attended my first blackpowder rendezvous this past April and while sitting around the campfire, one of the greybeards asks if I do much shooting.

I told him I shoot Highpower Rifle, and he proclaimed "Psssheeesh! That's just a passing fad!" :lol:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just checking in. Been getting ready for an all M1A/Garand match at Camp Atterbury. The big gun still shoots pretty good. I hope the forum takes off.

·
Registered
693 Posts
checking in 8)

I'm bringing out the M1A for Saturday's match at Chabot. I'm kinda getting tired of the mouse-gun and want to shoot something else.

If I'm not too lazy :roll: maybe I'll crank out some 6.5x55 rounds and bring out my Mauser.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I'll be keeping my eye out for you guys. You got me started with the CMP matchs last spring. Now you want me to discuss how poorly I shoot. :roll: :lol: Hey this coming season should be better when my garand is back from its overhaul at DGR. Those guys with them AR's better watch out cause I may finally come close to their scores. :p :shock:

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
30Cal said:
told him I shoot Highpower Rifle, and he proclaimed "Psssheeesh! That's just a passing fad!" :lol:
That's hilarious!

Must be a fad like smokeless powder, metallic cartridges, and jacketed bullets! :lol:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Glad to see this fourm here. Shot in a CMP orientation match last Winter and a Garand match this Spring at my club. It was a hoot ! Now I have a Bushy CMP AR15 and looking for the time to actually lean how to shoot it. This forum should be a great help.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
rewster said:
Glad to see this fourm here. Shot in a CMP orientation match last Winter and a Garand match this Spring at my club. It was a hoot ! Now I have a Bushy CMP AR15 and looking for the time to actually lean how to shoot it. This forum should be a great help.
Cool! We hooked another one.

Garand Matches are some of my favorites. I had the most fun at Camp Perry this year shooting the Garand and Springfield Matches. I actually did pretty good in both.

Maybe it's because I got all my brainfarts out of the way during the President's Match and the National Trophy Individual. :roll:

·
Registered
466 Posts
I want to get back into it next year.Bought my own business 3 years ago and haven't had the time to go since :cry: .
I am going to really try this year.I really miss it.

I mostly used a DCM Garand.I could keep up with (if not pass) a lot of the black rifles.I never got to competitive,mostly shot against myself.I just always liked spending sunday mornings with the sound of gunfire and hanging out with some good people with the same interest.

Always love the Garand matches too-There is just something about seeing all those Garands lined up.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
carguym14 said:
mostly shot against myself.I just always liked spending sunday mornings with the sound of gunfire and hanging out with some good people with the same interest.
That's why I do it. :D

1 - 20 of 50 Posts