Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.gopconvention.com/contents/goplive/platform/

The NRP is asking for our input. I doubt they REALLY want it but here's our chance. IMNSHO, there are too many neocons, RINOs and the like in charge. But, what the hey, give it a try. This is what I sent them.
Despite Bush 43 pledge to sign the AWB renewal, the NRP should activly push for an end to all gun control that adversly affects law abiding citizens. The AWB and so-called "gun show loop hole" fall into this category. Bush recently signed a bill into law that allowed active and retired cops to carry anywhere in the US. That same priveledge should be widened to cover all persons licensed to carry a concealed weapon. Just like a drivers license. No if, ands or buts.

·
Registered
123 Posts
csmkersh said:
http://www.gopconvention.com/contents/goplive/platform/

The NRP is asking for our input. I doubt they REALLY want it but here's our chance. IMNSHO, there are too many neocons, RINOs and the like in charge. But, what the hey, give it a try. This is what I sent them.
Despite Bush 43 pledge to sign the AWB renewal, the NRP should activly push for an end to all gun control that adversly affects law abiding citizens. The AWB and so-called "gun show loop hole" fall into this category. Bush recently signed a bill into law that allowed active and retired cops to carry anywhere in the US. That same priveledge should be widened to cover all persons licensed to carry a concealed weapon. Just like a drivers license. No if, ands or buts.
As a NYPD retiree I do agree with you. I don't know how you feel about background checks though for citizens since most of us had to pass and keep up with stringent background checks. Here in Pa. it's about 20 minutes with the Insta-check.

Nice collection of Smith snubs! :D I'll have to take pics and post mine.

·
Registered
10,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dinosaur said:
As a NYPD retiree I do agree with you. I don't know how you feel about background checks though for citizens since most of us had to pass and keep up with stringent background checks. Here in Pa. it's about 20 minutes with the Insta-check.
I have no problem with instant checks. If Visa or MC can do a credit check in 20 seconds, the FBI should be able to run one in 20 minutes or less. Like most here, my prints have been on file for years. The FBI knocked on doors when I needed a TS clearance. My friends thought I'd finally got caught doing something stupid. :wink:

Nice collection of Smith snubs! I'll have to take pics and post mine.
Thanks. One very old Colt Detective Special snuck in there. It's the one at ten o'clock. Looking forward to seeing yours.

·
Registered
123 Posts
As promised. I was going to sneak the 3" Model 65s in but in fairness I put them separate. :lol:

I'm more of an N frame collector but the 2 Model 10s and the Model 36 were too good to pass up. The 65 with the Signature grips is my regular carry gun.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts