Gun Hub Forums banner

NYT Says Repubs Waiver on Guns

478 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  bearcat6 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I have been thinking about a new strategy that we (the Second Amendment loving) might employ in these threatening times: each time the Left demands "movement" on some anti-gun proposal, we should, in the spirit of give and take, demand something that we want, which may prove to be unpalatable to the gun grabbers.

As an example, given the current resurgence of the universal background check idea, we would insist that, in this age of instant information transfer, there is no reason why NICS checks have to be accomplished by license holders. If I could buy a gun for my daughter's birthday and perform the check free of charge from my home computer, my objection to universality would be greatly diminished; on the contrary, being able to perform the check every time I transferred a gun to a private party would go a long way toward limiting liability down the road. Would the Left be willing to swallow this in exchange for eliminating the "gun show loophole"? Who knows, but at least we'd have blunted their accusations of intransigence by proposing a tit-for-tat.

I realize that about a dozen of you will instantly counter with reasons why this wouldn't work...that's not the point. This specific example, of course, is only to illustrate the larger idea of insisting on something in return every time the Left demands a concession.

#4 ·
I have been thinking about a new strategy that we (the Second Amendment loving) might employ in these threatening times: each time the Left demands "movement" on some anti-gun proposal, we should, in the spirit of give and take, demand something that we want, which may prove to be unpalatable to the gun grabbers.
Our guys are crappy negotiators - but I think they're teachable.

"During the 2016 Legislative Session, the Virginia Attorney general arbitrarily cancelled concealed carry reciprocity agreements with 25 states. Thanks to the passage and enactment of Senate Bill 610 during session, Virginia concealed carry permit holders continue to enjoy reciprocity with those 25 states. Further, SB 610 and House Bill 1163, patroned by state Senator Bryce Reeves (R-17) and Delegate Michael Webert (R-18), will recognize any valid permit in Virginia.

On Friday, July 1, the Virginia State Police will begin the process of reaching out to additional states to enter into reciprocal agreements allowing Virginia concealed carry permits to be recognized when traveling to those states."

#5 ·
QUESTION for ALL:

Does anyone in the USA, who has an IQ within "normal limits" believe anything that the "KNEW YAK-YAK SLIMES" claims?
(NOT me. - I wouldn't trust that RAG if they claimed that you may get wet when it rains.)

yours, sw

#6 ·
I know we could start a new religion, our main saint would be Gene Stoner, and then AR15s would be religious objects. Don't mess with my freedom of religion. What the hell Muslims get a lot of slack.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.