Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
What this kind of sounds like to me is the O trying to enact the provisions of the UN arms trafficing treaty he signed but hasn't presented to the Senate for ratification.

Now then, some years back BATFE tried to expand the definition of "manufacturing" and got slapped down in Federal Court. Not being a lawyer or having reviewed the actual edict from the throne, I can't really evaluate how this might play out in the courts.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
OK, read the DDTC link-thanks for posting-and I've got questions:
1. What does improve the performance beyond original capability mean? Theoretically, a bolt gun with a good barrel should put all the shots into the same hole. Or, does that mean that if you're replacing a shot out barrel does the replacement have to deliver similar lousy accuracy?

2. What does "machining" mean? Does finish reaming a chamber by hand qualify? OK, re-read the commentary and it appears it might.

3. Since the Senate never ratified the ITAR, why do we have to conform to it? Better question: can we be forced to conform to it? I would-Senate ratification lacking-think not.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts