Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I will be there for the entire week of Memorial celebrations. Monday I will be representing the 6th Infantry, George Obrien will represent the 40th Armor, Nikita Khruchev's grandson will represent the Russians, and General Clay's grandson will represent the Berlin Command.
The Documentary has been shown on ARTE France and Canada. ARD showed it throughout Europe and will show again during prime time on Oct 27th the actual 50 year anniversary of the incident.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My visits to Berlin always involved the hassles of the road trip through the DDR and the check points and then going through Checkpoint Charlie to visit East Berlin.

Have fun!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Have a safe trip. Wish I could join you!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The trip went well but my time was taken the first five days by spending time with three Museums who wanted to film me and use the pictures I took on that day.
I started with the the meeting held at the CP Charlie Museum. Sergie Khruchev represented the Russians, Chuck Clay representing his grandfather, George Obrien represented the 40th Armor and I represented the 6th Infantry.
There were some fireworks at this discussion when Khruchev tried to insist that the Russians loved the Germans. Two German men showed the scars from years of imprisonment by the Stasi. One of them served 15 years for listening to Hillbilly Jamborie on AFN.

Here are pics from Bernauer Strasse which is the only section of the Wall still standing.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Welcome back. And post more pictures when you get a chance!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is one of the most graphic remeinders of why were were there.
If not for us, this would still be there.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
It is at times nice to remember I defended borders that no longer exist.

And I'm very glad that wall wasn't relocated to the Atlantic and Channel beaches of Europe, but I can't help but feel that NATO has become a negative force in the world, PO'ing the Russians and helping the Moslem Brotherhood take Turkey, parts of south east Europe and now Libya, all with massive borrowed US Taxpayer dollars.

Geoff
Who is feeling old gray and cynical this AM and I have to go to work PM, comp time only, money runs out the 18th. Sigh.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts