Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, its time to make you sick. At the OGCA show today, there were tons of carbines. There were at least 12 commercials icluding a bunch of enforcers and at least 50 GI carbines! Now ain't that disgusting!
A mixer rebuild Underwood "T" followed me home. Excel import marked, but only $400. I can't complain.
But "Beware"! The fakes were out. One guy had a bunch of beautiful commercial stocks with GI stampings on them. Another had some "restorations" made up of fake/repro parts. An S'G' had a type one band with a swivel marked IP-PM!
Bolo, a special note for you! There were three CMP carbines there too. Two with bags and one with a box.
Not a lot of parts, but a fair number of accessories. Original carry cases for $50-$90 depending on condition, and the $90 was really decent!. Original slings for $20! Stock pouches-$10....Mags $5-$7.
Its a good thing I didn't have more money!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Jim,
You bring back memories...when I lived in Ohio I was an OGCA member, in the EXPO center days. Shows with a thousand tables, so many guns of all sorts that you'd actually tire of looking by the time you reached the end. What great days.

Unfortunately, the shows here in SW Indiana are a sorry excuse for a gun show...many shows have -0- zero carbines or M-14's in the whole place.

Oh, someday I'll hit the OGCA again...at least I can dream...

·
Premium Member
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well with the show down in Wilmington (near Cincinatti) it may not be all that far for you. Its not as big as it used to be, but its still in the 1000 table + category. It takes me 4 hours to get there from the NE corner of Ohio. But I thinks its still worth the trip.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Marine1,
Thanks for the greeting! This is one of only two boards I make time for...and it is a goldmine of info!

jimb16,
From my current AO, the site in Wilmington is about a 4-4 1/2 hours drive...do they still alternate with the site in northern Ohio? When I moved out of Ohio I let my membership lapse (boy did I agonize over that choice), so if I did drive to Wilmington I'd need a sponsor... :wink:
BTW, I was originally from Ashtabula, so we were in the same general area! Small world, huh? :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right now the meetings are only in Wilmington. I wonder if we know each other??? I'm originally from Ashtabula too. Graduated in 67 from AHS. PM me.

·
Registered
788 Posts
While the Milan show was kinda lame, I was really pi$$ed when OGCA decided that their ONLY show would be 2.5 hours from me. I just can justify it. After driving five hours round trip, I'd have to come home with something new.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Thanks, Jimb, for the thought.
That's why I don't go to shows much. Do you remember the price on the CMP carbines. No don't tell me it would just make me sick.
All the EXCEL carbines I have seen have been real nice. Old or original finish. Great looking carbines. And only one came home with you?

·
Premium Member
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok Bolo; I won't mention those $20 carbines...*LOL* The reason only one came home with me is that I was looking for parts, not complete guns, so I had parts money, not gun money....a difference of about $400! I'm surprised I actually got a carbine for that price. And I came home with an 03 stock too! (an early finger groove)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts