Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
10,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Banned
3,647 Posts
csmkersh,

GOOD PLAN, imo. ====> MORE places should ask licensed personnel to carry on the jobsite, as these days there are all too many crazies, who may enter to do your employees/customers harm.

yours, sw

· Registered
2,627 Posts
There is certainly some merit to that. Our sheriff's office is, like most, open to the public. There is little real security except for the jail portion of the complex. Our civilian employees are truly at risk if some nutbag decided that they wished to make a statement.

Balancing public access for services with effective security is not an easy task.

· Registered
2,627 Posts
Aww, crap! I said "civilian employees"! Now I'm gonna get a bunch heat about that. I'm sorry...really, I am. Shoulda said "non-sworn" or "un-armed" or something. Because we all had this big discussion about how your either military or civilian, and LEO's ain't military back in the past.

This is only about half in jest. I know there are a lot of folks who take it real serious. But cops have been using the term to distinguish themselves from the non-sworn public for...well, generations, I guess. All political correctness aside, there is an "us" and "them" kind of mindset. There are things that "we" see and smell and hear and know that most other people don't. It's not that we are better. We most certainly aren't. But we're different. Kevin has seen it as First Responder, Charlie and others as LEO's of various stripes and colors. They might call me a blooming idiot (or something much more colorful) or they could agree.

Anyway, it's been a long few weeks and this is about as much as I can say on a public forum about what's been happening.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.