Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interestingly enough, the announcer on Fox News this morning said that Col. North had asked for an investigation of the NRA's Finances before he said he would not serve another term as NRA President.

Finances are a key issue, with New York State and City officials pressuring financial companies who do business with the NRA. (No word if Texas pressuring financial companies who work with NARAL would be popular.)

·
Registered
10,806 Posts
La Pew had gone to the membership trying to cut North off at the knees. Shame Charlie and Dean didn't win the war 20 years ago. :(

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
So, I guess this means that North has gone south ......:rolleyes:

While I never disliked LaPierre as much as some NRA members apparently do, I had hoped he'd leave, for the good of the organization.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
So, time to start asking questions for next year, since it'll be the first ballot I get to cast assuming my Life membership pays off on-schedule... who do we trust to recommend BOD candidates not under Weasel Wayne's thrall like Marion "Permanent AWOL" Hammer?

Even though she's a Canadian citizen and not LPR, if I had cash flow I'd be tempted to buy the GF a Life membership of her own to help with the insurgency...

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
I vote for everyone not nominated by the Nominating Committee. I won't vote for anyone nominated by the Committee unless I have a good reason.

·
Registered
10,806 Posts
Ditto what Tim said. Also I vote for 10 or fewer persons.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Well, Ollie is out .... but LaPierre was reelected today.:mad:

·
Registered
10,806 Posts
Maybe time and nature will come to the NRA's aid one day.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Maybe time and nature will come to the NRA's aid one day.
Maybe a damaging investigation by a hostile NY AG will be the catalyst for change we need to dump Frenchy Fudd. Still, I can't see how Legal could be so stupid as to NOT see how the location of the org's charter could be weaponized against us...

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In fairness, NYC is the hub of the U.S. Banking and Credit companies, and one of the Global hubs. NYS and NYC can exert a lot of influence on financial companies, no matter where the client they work with is doing business. Of course, it is totally illegal. It's like saying you want to investigate any banking company that does business with Playboy Enterprises, because you think they should go out of business. Having a moral opinion on that company is your right, but you don't get to weaponize your law enforcement agencies to harass people who deal financially with that company just because you don't like them.

Or, more close to the point, someone who didn't like Abortion saying they would pressure NARAL and other Pro-Choice/Pro-Abortion political lobbying groups. You can dislike them, you can have a strong moral opinion which leads to you seeing them as evil or wrongheaded or just nasty, but you don't get to go after their financial services partners just because. The Feds really need to get involved in this. (I can't believe I just said that) and put an end to it.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I'd like to see an independent audit too. Along with a examination on the mission, and how best to achieve it along with cost/benefit analysis of various activities. Why a TV network/show whatever being right up there, along with the mailing costs of all those various services.

They've done excellent work, but I believe the focus has gotten fuzzy at best.

The apparent progress of the First Amendment legal action and the NYC suit may provide leverage to get the AG to cease harassment.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I've become convinced that while it's one of the best (or "least worst") tools we have, the NRA is living proof of Jerry Pournelle's Iron Law of Bureaucracy.

·
Registered
10,806 Posts
This is what many think Col. North was about to unveil before La Pew cut him off at the knees.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
The NRA operation is starting to sound more and more like a megachurch, with a silk-suited fat cat televangelist traveling in high style and defending lavish expenditures while begging the faithful for ever greater monetary sacrifices.

I'm waiting for the sex scandal shoe to drop.

·
Registered
10,806 Posts
they've had sex scandals in the past. La Pew's too old for that now.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
This came to me this morning through the Bo Snerdley Twitter account. Mr. Snerdley is the call screener for Rush Limbaugh, and often tweets more than the official Rush account does.

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/15/7229...hare&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social
West's reply yo NRA

It has become very apparent that I need to speak out about what is happening at the National Rifle Association.

I am in my second term as a Board member, and I am deeply concerned about the actions and statements being made. The recent statements by Charles Cotton and Carolyn Meadows that are appearing in the Wall Street Journal, and now other news outlets, are outright lies. I have never been told, advised, informed or consulted about any of these details mentioned in the WSJ, and who knows how much more despicable spending of members' money.

These statements have maliciously, recklessly and purposefully put me, and uninformed Board members, in legal jeopardy.

Prior to the NRAAM in Indianapolis I sent an email to Wayne LaPierre's managing director, Millie Hallow, expressing my sentiment that Wayne LaPierre resign immediately.

I also drafted a memo entitled "Resolution of Concerns," both of these statements are known to the NRA Board. It is imperative that the NRA cleans its own house. If we had done so in Indianapolis, much of this could have been rectified.

I do not support Wayne LaPierre continuing as the EVP/CEO of the NRA. The vote in Indianapolis was by acclamation, not roll call vote. There is a cabal of cronyism operating within the NRA and that exists within the Board of Directors. It must cease, and I do not care if I draw their angst. My duty and responsibility is to the Members of the National Rifle Association, and my oath, since July 31, 1982, has been to the Constitution of the United States, not to any political party, person, or cabal.

The NRA Board of 76 is too large and needs to be reduced to 30 or less. We need term limits of four (4) terms on the Board. We need to focus the NRA, the nation's oldest civil rights organization on its original charter, mission, training and education in marksmanship, shooting sports, and the defense of the Second Amendment.

I will dedicate all my efforts to the reformation of the National Rifle Association and its members, of whom I am proud to serve.

It sickens me to publicly make this statement, but I will not allow anyone to damage my honor, integrity, character, and reputation. Needless to say, there are those who have willingly done so to their own.

Steadfast and Loyal,
Lieutenant Colonel Allen B. West (US Army, Retired)
Member, 112th US Congress
Patriot Life Benefactor, Board Member, National Rifle Association

1 - 20 of 27 Posts