Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOG has some C&R Star model B 9x19 pistols with 5" barrels for a very nice price. The gun seems to be very well suited for what I want, and I haven't read anything bad about them.

Anyone have an opinion good or bad about these pistols?

This particular gun is not up on their website, by the way.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I'm not real sure the model B is still in production. If it's not on the current website, you might consider that a clue.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not currently in production. This is a German produced C&R from probably WWII. I meant that it's not up on SOG's website, only in their paper catalog, which isn't unusual for them.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Star's quality fluctuated wildly. IIRC, the model B is a unique weapon and if anything breaks, you're at the mercy of GPI or the local machinist. It may look something like a 1911 but, the parts are different.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
William R. Moore said:
Star's quality fluctuated wildly. IIRC, the model B is a unique weapon and if anything breaks, you're at the mercy of GPI or the local machinist. It may look something like a 1911 but, the parts are different.
I see. I was aware of the scarcity of spares, but I was hoping to hear that it's a reliable pistol. Doesn't sound like I can bank on that. It seemed worth a shot for $260, but now I think I'll pass.

Thanks for the advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts