Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And we (U.S.) took him out. About time!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,499 Posts
Good riddance to bad rubbish. .... "Clean up in aisle 5." :twisted:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
13,173 Posts
My Mom taught me to only speak good of the dead. So...

He's dead.

Good!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,117 Posts
Where'd I put that Queen CD?

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!

Oohrah, Hell Yeah and Semper Fi to whoever among our servicemembers did the Tag & Bag...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Tonight, the United States has sent an unmistakable message - no matter how long it takes, justice will be done." - former President George W. Bush.

And he was killed in a mansion, no less, not in a cave. And in a firefight, not by a drone. Kudos to the badass US military personnel who scoured this scourge from the planet.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
13,173 Posts
Only way the news could be better is if George from Top Shot made the score! :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,181 Posts
For some reason since i heard the news I've been in the mood for a good pig roast.

Now personally this is great news for me and at least one friend of mine. I personally know a ground zero first responder and hopefully this will give him some sense of closure about the worst day of his life. So a day of BBQed pork, booze, strippers and general fun seems a great way to memorialize someone who wanted all of that to go away.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,543 Posts
This poses two questions: Did Eric Holder demand we capture and extradite him for civilian trial? Will this be the excuse to declare victory in whatever they're calling the war on terror this week and bring the troops home?

While an important deed for political reasons, I'm not sure it means much operationally. Other than letting his executive officer move up. Getting him is probably the more operationally effective.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,627 Posts
I agree with Mr. Moore about the operational impact of this mission. But sometimes the psychological benefits of a particular mission have solid and definitive effects on enemy troops.

And talk about a morale booster, for soldier and civilian alike! Haven't seen so many flags since 9-11!

All reports indicate it was Seal Team 6 who went in, and that they had been prepping for this mission for about a week. We'll probably never know the exact make up of the troops on this mission, but I sure hope Mark Bowden, who wrote "Killing Pablo" and "Blackhawk Down" writes about this mission. Those Spec Ops guys seem to talk to him for some reason.

Oh, and I really like the fact that "...they gave him the option to surrender, but he refused, so he was shot in the head." Anyone want to bet that was the plan all along (at least as far as the operators were concerned?) A live Bin Laden would have been more of a problem than an asset.

All in all, a good day that has been a long time coming. Sure wish I coulda seen the look on his face!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,499 Posts
IrishCop said:
... Oh, and I really like the fact that "...they gave him the option to surrender, but he refused, so he was shot in the head." Anyone want to bet that was the plan all along (at least as far as the operators were concerned?) A live Bin Laden would have been more of a problem than an asset. ....
I suspect they were likely dutibound to accept live surrender if it was feasible .... but happy as **** that he resisted and they terminated the problem. My father served in the Navy and during Korea was a member of the U.D.T., a "spiritual forefather" of the present day SEAL teams, so I am happy as a clam that it was U.S. Navy specops that whacked the evildoer.

Weird news; last night I heard that CNN had a report that OBL's corpse was "buried at sea."
:ek:
Uh, really? I don't think so; his body apparantly was removed to A'stan and DNA verification is to be employed to confirm the event.

:twisted: Other spurrilous reports indicate that OBL is now dealing with 20 mad Virginians and is doing poorly. :twisted:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,499 Posts
T'was a fabulous victory...but gas is $3.839 this afternoon at Shell and BP here in beautiful St. Augustine.

Geoff
Who is old gray and cynical.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,499 Posts
TommyGunn said:
....Weird news; last night I heard that CNN had a report that OBL's corpse was "buried at sea."
:ek:
Uh, really? I don't think so; his body apparantly was removed to A'stan and DNA verification is to be employed to confirm the event.......
Well, OOOOOOOOPS. I wuz wrong. Oh well. OBL is feedin' the fishes. In the "Arabian" Sea.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
13,173 Posts
TommyGunn said:
TommyGunn said:
....Weird news; last night I heard that CNN had a report that OBL's corpse was "buried at sea."
:ek:
Uh, really? I don't think so; his body apparantly was removed to A'stan and DNA verification is to be employed to confirm the event.......
Well, OOOOOOOOPS. I wuz wrong. Oh well. OBL is feedin' the fishes. In the "Arabian" Sea.
Somebody needs to deliver a wrapped fish to little nutjob running Iran, now. :twisted:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,940 Posts
I'm happy to say it was a boat unit based here in VA that got it done.

And I'm currently raising a glass to the folks for which defending this country is simply what they do...

Here's hoping they'll release the video of OBL hiding behind a woman just prior to getting serviced.
 
G

·
bestseller92v2.0 said:
I see that a lot of "Muslim scholars" are decrying the burial at sea, saying it was improper.
I cannot find a violin small enough to play for these whingers. Depending on the water depth Osama is now food for crabs, hagfish and a few other critters.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,940 Posts
I'm not a vindictive individual, but one of the images on my screensaver is that of a man falling from a tall building.

Some things should not be wasted as teaching moments.

OBL's head pickled and displayed in a jar of pigs feet might have provided one such occasion...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,499 Posts
Skeptic49 said:
T'was a fabulous victory...but gas is $3.839 this afternoon at Shell and BP here in beautiful St. Augustine.
Make that $3.939. Sigh. High in 09 was $4.079.

Geoff
Who has to fill up soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
Obama sure likes to take the credit for this:
During his 49 minute presentation Brennan did squeeze in one reference to the mission's "very brave personnel." But the emphasis, with 2012 just around the calendrical corner, was on the boss' valor. "There was nothing that confirmed that bin Laden was at that compound," Brennan related as if such uncertainty is uncommon in war. "And, therefore," Brennan continued, "when President Obama was faced with the opportunity to act upon this, the president had to evaluate the strength of that information and then made what I believe was one of the most gutsiest calls of any president in recent memory."
Source, LA Times
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
13,173 Posts
Maggot said:
Obama sure likes to take the credit for this:
During his 49 minute presentation Brennan did squeeze in one reference to the mission's "very brave personnel." But the emphasis, with 2012 just around the calendrical corner, was on the boss' valor. "There was nothing that confirmed that bin Laden was at that compound," Brennan related as if such uncertainty is uncommon in war. "And, therefore," Brennan continued, "when President Obama was faced with the opportunity to act upon this, the president had to evaluate the strength of that information and then made what I believe was one of the most gutsiest calls of any president in recent memory."
Source, LA Times
Did "Brennan" still have his kneepads on when he said that? :roll:
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top