Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm off on a brief trip and should have a nice story when I get home. My laptop is having some issues so I may be gone until Monday
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,168 Posts
Charlie Petty said:
I'm off on a brief trip and should have a nice story when I get home. My laptop is having some issues so I may be gone until Monday
WHEW! :shock:

When I saw the thread topic, my first thought was that you were bailing from EOTAC!! Glad to be wrong.

Have a safe, fun time! :thumbsup:

If you don't get this until Monday, I hope you HAD a safe, fun time! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
921 Posts
He's probably going on one of those gunwriter junkets where Remingchester sends a limo to pick him up and drive him to the airport where a Gulfstream is waiting to fly him to an exotic locale, just so they can ply him with liquor and let him shoot up a truckload of ammo through the assortment of free guns they gave him a few weeks earlier . . .

Enjoy yourself, Charlie. :mrgreen:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,804 Posts
You forgotabout the seductive temptress who loads his guns for him and is wearing a gownless evening strap for dinner beside the roaring fire who has an unlimited supply of 21 year old cask strength single malt made by monks









You know that's how it works.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dammit... I like their ideas better than mine... especially the gulfstream

At least the laptop works :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,543 Posts
Never been in a Gulfstream, but my first, last and only trip in a Lear burst a few bubbles. I will admit it was kinda cool to watch the landing over the flight crews shoulders.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,804 Posts
I have ridden a few times in a dornier 328 bizjet. Mighty darn cool. Walked thru a Boeing 767 bizjet. That was sick. Owned by a flamboyent professional team owner. Room for his whole team and entourage plus a private suite
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
921 Posts
I made a roundtrip - once - between the plant and corporate HQ in one of my employer's Gulfstreams. Enjoyed the ride . . . especially having no lines or TSA screening. :thumbsup:
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
7,758 Posts
guntotin_fool said:
I have ridden a few times in a dornier 328 bizjet. Mighty darn cool. Walked thru a Boeing 767 bizjet. That was sick. Owned by a flamboyent professional team owner. Room for his whole team and entourage plus a private suite
Cuban?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, sadly, it looks as if the Pathfinder will have to do. Remington used to have a Gulfstream but DuPont kept it when they sold out. I can attest to the beauty of that mode of travel but it has always been due to the kindness of others.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
921 Posts
Well, nothing wrong with a Pathfinder . . . I drive one myself.

Funny thing about the company Gulfstreams . . . they USED to publish a list of "available seats" when the plane was coming down and flying back up to Corporate HQ, figuring as long as the aircraft was going anyway, other employees could ride it and the company would save on airfare. BUT . . . some executives didn't like traveling with the unwashed proletariat so that policy ended in short order.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Have a good time Charlie. :thumbsup:

If a drink is involved, have a single malt for me. :mrgreen:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,627 Posts
Gee, I travel in some rarefied air here. Gulfstreams and Dornier Blitzjets? I got to fly on a C-130 once from Korea to Okinawa. The webbing seats were luxurious and the box lunches to die for! :lol:

Have a safe trip, Charlie!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,804 Posts
Glad you are ok, and the trip I hope was worth it...

as to the question, no, it was american...... :neer:

The Dornier is owned by a friend who has a very large company managing ports around the world. I have flown in it several times and its very cool, very quiet, and very comfortable.

His company also owns a Grumman Albatross, which he has outfitted as a flying cabin, for fishing trips to lakes never fished before....it spent several weeks in Siberia last year, the drop down floats on the wings are now detachable fishing boats.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
7,758 Posts
guntotin_fool said:
Glad you are ok, and the trip I hope was worth it...

as to the question, no, it was american...... :neer:

The Dornier is owned by a friend who has a very large company managing ports around the world. I have flown in it several times and its very cool, very quiet, and very comfortable.

His company also owns a Grumman Albatross, which he has outfitted as a flying cabin, for fishing trips to lakes never fished before....it spent several weeks in Siberia last year, the drop down floats on the wings are now detachable fishing boats.
I meant Mark Cuban of Dallas Mavericks fame.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,804 Posts
SpecialEd said:
guntotin_fool said:
Glad you are ok, and the trip I hope was worth it...

as to the question, no, it was american...... :neer:

The Dornier is owned by a friend who has a very large company managing ports around the world. I have flown in it several times and its very cool, very quiet, and very comfortable.

His company also owns a Grumman Albatross, which he has outfitted as a flying cabin, for fishing trips to lakes never fished before....it spent several weeks in Siberia last year, the drop down floats on the wings are now detachable fishing boats.
I meant Mark Cuban of Dallas Mavericks fame.
I knew that, hence the "neener" smilie... sorry if I was rude, actually I do not know who owned it, it might have been, but I think he's still doing stuff like the team jet....

I have a place down in florida, and at church was talking to a guy who turned out worked for a aircraft leasing/sales company. I mentioned the Dornier and he said he liked it but he had the 767 sitting on the tarmac having a sales video done on it, ended up I got the tour. I asked once who it belonged to and I found out name dropping on previous owners was something they did not do. My guess, is it belonged to the miami heat's owners, who own Carnival cruise lines.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top