Gunhub.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help! I am trying to find a paddle holster for my Glock 30. I have a Tucker IWB that works good for me, but at times, I want a OWB paddle. Tell what you are using?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,365 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
I am compelled to add a couple you missed…

• Milt Sparks (You have something personal going with Tony?)[/*:1znuxnr7]
  • Horseshoe Leather Products[/*:1znuxnr7]
  • Lou Alessi (Nada for a website, but excellent work!)
    2465 Niagara Falls Road Boulevard
    Amherst, NY 14228
    716 691 5615
    716 691 5639 (Fax)[/*:1znuxnr7]
  • Ken Null (No first hand track record here, but you threw in everything but there and the kitchen sink, so I've addressed this inequity.)[/*:1znuxnr7]

·
Registered
855 Posts
What I really want to know, is does anybody make a paddle holster that doesn't feel like the wearer has a Siamese conjoined twin attached at the hip? That doesn't imitate a motorcycle's sidecar? That doesn't position the gun in the next time zone? I mean, based on my (admittedly limited) experience, the words "concealment" and "paddle" should not be allowed to be used in the same sentence without the word "oxymoron" in there as well.
:soap:

Okay, I feel better now. My question is, is there a paddle out there that can conceal anything worth carrying?

Oh, and Dean, I believe it is Lou Alessi. And he makes great stuff!

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Re: I am compelled to add a couple you missed…

DeanSpeir said:
[*]Lew Alessi (No website, but excellent work!)
2465 Niagara Falls Road
Amherst, NY 14228
716 691 5615
716 691 5639 (Fax)[/*]
That should be 2465 Niagra Falls Blvd (not road)

My wife is from Buffalo and family and mishpooka have business's on "The Boulevard" as it is called there

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Nemo --

thanks for the link -- it had been a LONG time since I had looked at FIST's stuff and it looks like they have gotten their $hit together. Years ago, I saw some of their stuff at a guns shop and dismissed them as producing the garbage that this particular holster was.

·
Registered
183 Posts
FIST

Their paddle holster looks good. For some time I used one of their IWB model 17's for my G30. Not a bad product at all.

Cheers!

·
Registered
855 Posts
I have about 5 or 6 FIST holsters (IWB and pancake), excluding the one I just sold on eBay this weekend. I've never been a bit unhappy with their holsters, and they're a very good value.

The one I sold just did not hold a particularly butt-heavy, short-slided pistol close to my body. But this was more my fault for chosiing a particular FIST design for that pistol, rather than any fault with the holster itself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
People! You have overwhelmed me! But, thanks for all the information. I am sure that I will have more questions later. I need to hear about what you have tried and what you think? As far as, OWB paddle, for concealment? That is not a problem for me, when it is too hot, I carry with a slide and a cover shirt. Can't see where a paddle would be any different?
Thanks for the food for thougt!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I don't carry a Glock but my 1911 has ridden in a Galco paddle holster for several years and I've been very pleased with it. I bought it used off of someone on ebay.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts