Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I'm more concerned about HIV...in 1984 we were told that it was only a matter of time before it "broke out" into the heterosexual community.

I figure any day now...

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
phantom4570; Captain Gyro,

I want your honest opinion: Is BHO or "AlBore" the BIGGEST LIAR on Planet Earth?
OR
Are BOTH equally dishonest?

Personally, I believe that BOTH lie every time that they open their BIG mouths. BUT BOTH are smarter in every way than the current VPOTUS.

yours, sw

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Algore is not so much a liar as he's a BS artist and con man.

BHO is both a BS artist and a pathological liar as well as a con man.
He once said that "Sometimes I believe my own BS".
BHO is way above, (or below, depending on how you look at it) of Algore.

BHO isn't stupid, he inoculated himself against any possibility of being impeached and removed from office no matter what he did.
The world shudders at the words "President Biden".

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
dfariswheel,

A friend of mine from WV (who doesn't belong to our forum BUT "lurks" here.) sent me the following about 2000 WV time, tonight:

"Barack Obama looked into the mirror & said, ' Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the biggest liar of all?' AND the mirror said, 'YOU are, of course, SWINE!'."
Then, the current occupant of the WH said, "Well, I'm first at something."

yours, satx

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Having been raised a staunch Democrat, I kind of understand these folks. To directly answer the question, I don't really see either man as a pathological liar; rather, I understand that they passionately believe most of Left-wing ideology, and their pronouncements reflect the normal bias of zealots. They don't try to lie; rather, they say things that are flat-out wrong because their understanding of how society works is distorted.

That's why I hate the current climate of polarization, name-calling, and ridicule. As long as we scream at each other, we only serve to antagonize the other side, and minds get closed.

Rather, I try to engage Lefties with reason. It's frustrating, but I have to keep in mind that they are firmly convinced that they're the "good guys", and the things they want are what they believe will benefit society the most.

It is far from guaranteed that you will convert someone with reason. What IS guaranteed is that, by attacking them, you will close their minds to anything you have to say.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
Captain Gyro,

Pardon me for asking, but have you had ANY success at opening the minds of the radicals, kooks & bigots on the left?

Personally, I want to MARGINALIZE them and REMOVE them from every position of power throughout our republic. = Therefore, it is my belief that IF ridiculing the leftist HATERS works to DESTROY them as a "force in the political game", that that tactic is perfectly acceptable in the war against the left.

just my opinion, sw

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Good question.

One thing I often say that makes them stop and think is that the idea of the common man being armed against tyranny is an extremely liberal idea. In the days of monarchy, the king was absolute, and the idea that the individual could challenge authority was seen as crazy and dangerous. In colonial America, the conservatives were the Tories; they believed in the "Divine Right of Kings", and challenging that right was not only unpatriotic, it was unholy. The liberals were the rebels with guns.

I frequently challenge a Lefty to "return" to true liberal roots, to come back into the fold as it were. When you talk to one of them about the rights of the "common man" you'll usually strike a chord.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Postscript: As a German speaker, my Dad helped track down SS officers as they tried to escape Europe after WW II. He saw gas chambers with fingernails still embedded in the walls, and crematoria that still contained charred bones.

I will occasionally point out that he saw first-hand what happens when only the government is allowed to have guns.

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
On the subject of politics, reason doesn't come much into play. I find people on the right to be just as pathological in their voting decisions as on the left. It could be the Devil himself, but I'll vote for him to keep that SOB democrat out of office. And the left is exactly the same.

I engage in logic and every time the people see and agree with my points; and then still vote the same way.

On the things that REALLY matter in this nation, both parties are in lock step! On the national level I will NEVER vot for an R or D again, never.

Oh I hear the whole "wasted vote" BS argument all the time. But that's like volunteering to kill yourself just so you say you had a choice. Me I'll let them commit murder and call it what it is. I'm out of the rat race, and I won't be an active player in the desrtruction of this nation. When you get an R or a D, that's what you're getting, only you get to revel in little victories that don't mean a damn thing in the long term; just petty distractions to keep the sheep occupied and thinking they're doing something worthwhile and important.

For God's sake, we as a people have lost our right to privacy, and both parties are completely cool with this. How on earth can you vote for a party that is okay with that? They are traitorous to the ideals of liberty and the entire foundation of this nation. This is the biggest threat this nation has ever faced and it's 100% internal, and our "leaders" ARE the threat. But the sheep will keep voting their precious party, hoping for a different result.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
The Left usually doesn't see these things as "lies", they view them as Noble Lies, told in the furtherance of a higher good.

This falls in the Left's belief that the ends justify the means.
If Obama has to tell serial lies to get health care passed, that's a Noble Lie.
It's not bad if it's for a higher cause.
The Left saw how the American people refused to accept Hillary Care, and determined that that wouldn't happen again.
Thus, Obama and Company's Noble Lies to get it passed.
Remember, "We have to pass it to see what's in it"??

The same holds for "Climate Change/Global Warming".
The left is convinced that Mankind is a threat to Mother Earth and we need to give them our money and control over us to stop a disaster.
Since we refuse to listen to them, we get Noble Lies in furtherance of what to the Left is virtually a religion.

Remember, nothing is more viscously fought then religious wars and anything needed to win for the higher cause is quite acceptable.
Also remember, at this end of the Progressive spectrum we get Noble Lies.
At the other end we get pistol shots to the back of the head in a basement.

Same type of people, just one isn't in complete power.....yet.
You'd be amazed at how fast they can wrap their minds around the idea and benefits of shooting people once in power, always for the good of the movement.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
What IS guaranteed is that, by attacking them, you will close their minds to anything you have to say.
I've spend quite a bit of time engaging the left, mostly on the WaPo comment boards since I'm stuck in the office quite a bit these days.

When I offer logic, I'm simply told that I'm too stupid to understand the nuance of the issue - the "gray" areas if you will.

When I offer vetted factual sources, they're simply discarded as "illegitimate".

My outings there are replete with ad hominems, straw men and false equivalencies.

So, after a while - I just make fun of them.

It's cheap entertainment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts