Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I found an Inland carbine that seems to be an all original early one. The serial # is 8571x, it has an 11/42 barrel, the stock is I cut high wood with the Ord wheel on the right side. flaming bomb and Io in the oiler cutout, type 1 band, all the internals are Inland, the pin for the trigger housing has a spring retainer, checkered push button safety, flip rear sights, I can't see any markings on the sight. But the darn thing cost me $800.00.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On closer inspection when I stopped shaking I found an s on the side of the rear sight I didn't see it at first because of some crud. According to my book that's right for this vintage.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The trouble was I was trying to negotiate with the guy, the tag said 849.00, and I felt like I was shaking like a leaf and hoping he wouldn't notice.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have several carbines to shoot, and since this one is the only one I've ever seen that seems to have missed the rebuild program I won't be shooting it all that much. Although I probably should before Dianne takes it away from me. I'll try to post a pic tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Waldport is a neat town.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts