Gunhub.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleanin my Garand and was adding grease to the rear sight and as i put it back together i noticed how it wasnt working right. When i turned the windage knob it moved the elevation knob as well. When i went to remove them they put up a fight and after trying for 30 minutes they were off again. I looked at the threads of the elevation knob and they were all worn and messed up. So they dont even work at all! :cry:

Where is a good site to get replacements?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

·
Registered
3,224 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
I think Coles is out of rear sights. I have not been able to find them on their site for about 2 weeks now. I been looking to order a couple of set myself.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
"...adding grease to the rear sight..." Whatever for? Gunparts has sight parts, but don't put any grease on them.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Sunray said:
"...adding grease to the rear sight..." Whatever for? Gunparts has sight parts, but don't put any grease on them.
What? :shock:

Lghtly grease the sight platform so the base can move easiy, the windage and elevation notches on the receiver ears as well as the insides of the holes, the ridge on the underside of the spring cover, the aperture, and the teeth on the elevation spindle.

Am I off-base here? :?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Quag, those are the same spots I grease. They all move, so get a light coat of grease. It only gets done once a year or so, though. I also put a drop of oil on the face of the elev. knob, thinking it'll work it's way inside, from time to time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts