Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
What are they looking at for unit cost? If they can ship as 80%'s I might have some ideas for a couple builds... assuming they can take the stresses of being drilled for both left- and right-hand ejectors and I can find a pair of old-school ambi slide-stops.

The idea is a fully ambidextrous bottom half, with interchangeable ejector/slide/barrel kits for left or right "handing," with both left and right using the standard milspec mag. You've probably seen the chopped drawings back when I first started percolating it so long ago back in my early days here... :)

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I would devoutly hope that they've got a metal chassis. The idea of frame rails and recoil abutments of plastic doesn't leave me with warm fuzzy feelings.

Speaking of tupper type frames, have you considered the Strayer-Tripp type of thing where the "frame" bolts to the metal chassis that includes the rails and other points of stress? I think they've got a standard type frame available. Added edit: no they don't.

Have you considered a Caspian frame? Baer does quality, but boy, you pay for it.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Top, they appear to be toast. Pity, theirs was the only ambi slide-stop I've seen en proposed in a long time...

Also, NEVER trust a company that won't provide a point of contact on their website.

9 Posts
I would devoutly hope that they've got a metal chassis. The idea of frame rails and recoil abutments of plastic doesn't leave me with warm fuzzy feelings.

Speaking of tupper type frames, have you considered the Strayer-Tripp type of thing where the "frame" bolts to the metal chassis that includes the rails and other points of stress? I think they've got a standard type frame available. Added edit: no they don't.

Have you considered a Caspian frame? Baer does quality, but boy, you pay for it.
The Polymer80 80% Glock frames have a metal insert that make up the rails and the rear rails are metal provided by the trigger system. I've seen people do a Poly80 frame with a Dremel in under 15 minutes.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Yeah, but that's not what we're talking about.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I hope that the program that SW was talking about is ongoing. Of course, in terms of gun production and marketing, these must be interesting times. Supply issues of manufacturers may be a thing now, but there is certainly demand for finished products out there.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
If they can make a slide as strong as they claim the frame is, we might finally have a 1911 ready for high-round-count .45 Super or full-power 10mm...

Reactions: DavidE
1 - 10 of 10 Posts