Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I have been using this issue in conversations with gun control advocates for years:

"The Second Amendment is for the militia. Guns should be banned."

"OK, as long as they're banned for cops too. I mean, if no one else has guns why do cops need them?"

"We can't disarm the police...criminals would still have guns."

"So, you agree with the NRA that when guns are outlawed, only outlaws have guns?"

"Wait...but..."

·
Super Moderator
13,182 Posts
I use a similar argument with "assault" weapons.

"Assault rifles are weapons of war and have no place on our streets. Their only purpose is to kill large numbers of people as quickly as possible."

Me: "Well, every police department and law enforcement agency in America has them, and often full-auto ones too. If they're only useful for killing large numbers of people, don't you think our police should be the FIRST people to give them up?"

And, while I'm about it: "If our police think they need AR-15s and such to protect themselves from terrorists, gangbangers, dope dealers, meth-heads, crack zombies and other criminal trash, then I think I need one to protect myself from them until the cops show up. When the police think America is now safe enough that they can give up THEIR 'assault weapons,' THEN you can come back and try to talk me into giving up MINE. Until then, have a seat."

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Just about every day some news item is published somewhere proving that this country is going collectively insane.
Anyone thinking police ought to be disarmed needs to be commited.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
To All,

Anyone, who even SUGGESTS disarming our police, is in just one word: STUPID.

yours, sw

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
DavidE,

I wonder how that DIMocRAT DOLT can run the city of Minneapolis (should the voters be clueless enough to elect that LOON) when the entire membership of the MPD doesn't come to work?? = Can everyone say, BLUE FLU??

The MPD is a "union shop" & the police union won't tolerate that IDIOT notion NOR will the police wives/husbands go for it.

yours, sw

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
I think we could also learn from Great Britain. I don't think it's common knowledge here, but more and move "Bobbies" are armed. They go to great lengths to "conceal" this.

I've traveled quite a bit in Europe and remember quite well the first time I got off a plane in Germany and was met on the jetway by a cop with an MP-5 or in Madrid by one with a Cetme (sp)

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
Charlie Petty,

What I find more than a little amusing is in nations where the police routinely are armed with SMG/machine-rifles believe it is IMMORAL & UNSPEAKABLY BRUTAL to use our PUMP SHOTGUNS, loaded with buckshot.

In one Latin American nation, where I advised some local police, we were offered FULL-AUTO AK rifles/ammo for free (and to KEEP permanently) IF we would NOT carry our ordinary 12 gauge 5-shot Remington 870 riot-guns in our vehicles or carry them when advising the students.
(The National Arsenal had LOTS of brand new Russian AK47 & Romanian AK74 rifles, that they had seized somewhere.)

yours, sw

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Charlie's right; England few officers carry but that's slowly changing. Northern Ireland, OTOH. are routinely armed with a handgun.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
csmkersh,

THANKS for the info. = I know ZILCH about the police of Northern Ireland.

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
The change of arming the more Bobbies has been going on for quite awhile. They tend to carry their sidearms under that long decorative coat-but can reach it through a pocket. Even when the disarmed copper was common, they had armed police squads in Land Rovers with all manner of firepower on call. Multiple MP5s and handguns.

I expect if some of the folks who claim our police are brutal thugs and want to disarm them experienced the police in some of their model countries, ours would look a lot better to them. One disobeys officialdom in many "free" countries at considerable risk of major alteration of one's point of view.

One chat board I belonged to had a retired Hong Kong police official as a member. I think their idea of riot dispersal is worth copying. I won't go further into details, but they'd horrify the leftists......until they come to power.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
stand watie:

You need to remember that Northern Ireland is a downtrodden subject of the UK. The Republic of Ireland is an independent nation — referred to simply as Ireland — while Northern Ireland is subject of the to the whims of England.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
csmkersh,

That much I actually knew BUT I know ZILCH about the police procedures in Northern Ireland.

I belong to a hunting forum out of the UK (because of my long interest in punt-guns) & a British policemen on the forum says that one CAN get a carry license in Northern Ireland, IF you have "a good reason" (like transporting gold, precious gems and/or lots of cash). = I didn't even know that much as I've never visited there.

yours, sw

1 - 13 of 13 Posts